Wendy

Votekick Privileges

7 comments

As we all know, votekicking is becoming the norm on the server due to the lack of staff and as a result, a lot of people are abusing their power. A couple of things should be added to votekicking to make sure nobody is getting falsely banned. A comprehensive draft of the rules should be easily accessible via forums and in-game. If there is one, please link me to it.

1) Remove in-game votekicking or do not make the pop-up force you to choose an action. I don't know why this was ever an option if doing so is breaking the rules. I suggest you disable the function unless the round has ended or preparing. If not, have the pop-up come up on the left-hand side of the screen, stay there for a minute or two then make the potential kick. 

2) Add more votekicking options, add an "Other" box where you can write the reason down. Trolling, MRDM, AtMRDM are really the only ones used correctly while the other two, Mic Spamming and Chat Spamming are always abused whenever someone just does something annoying.

Adding a box for the reason when choosing AtMRDM or MRDM could also be helpful.

3) Instead of just votekicking for MRDM, if we could write a description we could paste logs in the votekick itself. This could also be a rule and prevent lots of false votekicking as taking a screenshot of logs really quickly and pasting it in the description of the ban could easily be a way of proving if a votekick was justifiable. 

Votekicking needs a rework. It could be a really helpful tool if used correctly and take a load off the staff's shoulder; right now, votekicking is wasted potential.

• Agree Agree x 1

I like the idea of hiding the pop-up for traitors and automatically voting for the yes option.

Can't rely on people to fill out a text box, so we need to update the votekick options.

For mic spam, just hold down tab and mute them.  For chat spam, block them...

Imo trolling shouldn't really be up there as a reason...

VK isn't a way to replace staff, it's a short term solution for when staff can't get on and they are causing a lot of problems... Once you vk someone then you should head over to make a player complaint that they get the punishment that they deserve.

Edited by TrueDarkLord (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 3

Yeah I know, that's why I said Mic Spamming and Chat Spamming are easily abused because people don't just mute/block them. I never said VK was a way to replace staff either, but right now VK is being used instead of calling staff because staff are overworked.

Edited by Wendy (see edit history)

@moat Since you can't rely on people filling out a text box, maybe you could do something to where you can't complete the votekick until a certain number of characters or an image is in there.

I feel that if we revamp vote-kicking, then a lot of stuff should be redone. Since vote kicking is such a large and dangerous part of the moat.gg servers, I feel like there should be some other system in addition to just being a VIP - like a mini quiz or something to make sure you know the rules surrounding vote kicking before you actually take part in it. For example in my case especially, I believed my vote kicking privileges were falsely taken away due to a numerous set of unusual circumstances (being low level upon receiving VIP, rules not being in place I was directed to, etc.). I have talked to staff about this, but unfortunately I was told that we don't have a system for this and that if I were to get unbanned then other people would see and ask to get unbanned too. I believe there should be a system to handle this.

• Disagree Disagree x 2

11 hours ago, DemonOoOLegion said:

I feel that if we revamp vote-kicking, then a lot of stuff should be redone. Since vote kicking is such a large and dangerous part of the moat.gg servers, I feel like there should be some other system in addition to just being a VIP - like a mini quiz or something to make sure you know the rules surrounding vote kicking before you actually take part in it. For example in my case especially, I believed my vote kicking privileges were falsely taken away due to a numerous set of unusual circumstances (being low level upon receiving VIP, rules not being in place I was directed to, etc.). I have talked to staff about this, but unfortunately I was told that we don't have a system for this and that if I were to get unbanned then other people would see and ask to get unbanned too. I believe there should be a system to handle this.

Since you donated here is graded quiz now. Ah yes I donated just so i can be quizzed on my know how of the rules

Edited by M-E-T-A (see edit history)
  • Disagree Disagree x 2

@M-E-T-A First off, If everything is so perfect then we wouldn't have votekick abuse in the first place. You say like there is no problem but the community has clearly defined an issue with this. There should still be another level to receiving permission to temporarily ban someone. Also, not everyone donates to receive it. Many people simply trade for it in game. I myself was gifted it at low level from a friend I had made playing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

• Viewing Now   0 members