Not Yoda

Moat New Management

15 comments

Since were under new management now I think its time for a little change.

-Rules-
I think the rules are find the way they are expect the whole hateful conduct thing, also the whole typing out someone to identity a body situation. Hateful conduct rule should be brought back because removing it caused a lot of toxicity within the community, every sever I join someone is either yelling the n word or is just being plain toxic. Doing so will bring order back to moat ttt. Also the Typing out someone to identify a body should be situational. I say this due to the fact that someone did a loophole just to try and get someone punished, a traitor killed someone and lets say John told the traitor to id the body because the traitor walked passed it. The traitor kept yelling You have to type it out John did then the traitor yelled You have to type my name out as well John then ignored it and killed the traitor for not iding the body. The traitor then reported John, I say the rule should be situational because if the person can hear you through your mic and is actually responding to you, I shouldnt have to type it out and be killed while doing so.

-Staff-
The staff are decent for the most part but, some are on while others never come on. I think staff should be organized by their time zone this way there should always be staff on. For EU servers it should be those who applied for EU and for Non EU servers it should be for those who applied for Non EU.

If you guys think other things should be changed comment it. 
  • Agree Agree x 3
  • Disagree Disagree x 10

Hateful conduct being removed was one of the worst things to happen to this server. People cannot be trusted to control themselves. People calling each other retarded? That's not that bad, I can live with that. But people are throwing the n word around like nobodies business. The amount of edgy meme kids with guns called "n word killer" or something is insane. Theres a guy called the coon who just keeps saying n word n word n word. And it never makes the play experience better.

• Agree Agree x 7
  • Disagree Disagree x 4

In regard to the staff team, we have a lot of new staff members added, 15 in the past 2 weeks, to help provide coverage. In total there are 55 of us, with around 3/4 of the team being t-staff. We have been hovering around 50 for a while now, because a lot of staff have either left or been removed for inactivity. To separate staff between NA and EU servers specifically, would just lead to less coverage than there already is.

We want to add more staff and get enough coverage on across all servers but the fact is, very few applications get more than 1 or 2 comments from people who are not friends with the applicant. We need community feedback on people so that we know we a promoting people that you think should staff the servers, as we want more people that the community can trust to enforce the rules fairly.

Another problem is that a lot of people react increasingly aggressive to staff, especially t staff, the new staff members we want to stick around and feel welcome and trusted. The only thing I will actually say about the hateful conduct rule, is that it is not only used consistently to berate new staff who are still learning how to staff correctly, but it also makes staff feel helpless in some situations as the harassment rules are outdated and insufficient in dealing with peoples problems.

Overall, I feel that while servers can still be fun and friendly for the most part, the general atmosphere is worse compared to the way it was when the HC rule was in place, which is why I would either like hateful conduct back with lower punishments, as that seemed to be most peoples problem with the rule, or to revamp the harassment rules so that we can deal with people being targeted by other players more effectively.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  • Pog Pog x 2

if you have a problem with people calling each other the n word when it not you then that your problem you can always mute them, also the hatefull conduct rule never stoped people in vc chat from saying the n word only people who typed in chat were reported and when there was staff on. so the hc rule wont help and a lot of time when people use the word they are saying it as a joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Disagree Disagree x 2

I agree with the hateful conduct. This server used to be more friendlier place. But now, people just throw out the "n" word just to seem more "edgy". There are multiple reasons why such language shouldn't be appropriate in Moat community:

1. it introduces the word as a casual word for younger children. Like it or not, there are alot of kids in the server and using language with such a hateful history so casually will influence them in the most negative way possible.  Yes, we are aware that the internet is just "the internet" but when you spend a large majority of your time on the internet and Moat, it becomes a large say in how you live your every day life

2. its a word with alot of hateful history. Theres a reason other ethnicity wont go up to a random black dude and say "wassup my n-". Its cause he/she will get the sht beat out of them for referencing them in such a vulgar term. Theres hateful meaning behind the word, despite what your intentions are.

3. its not appropriate in any professional setting. Lets be honest : saying "n" word so casually makes you sound like a goddamn idiot. no one smart enough would use the language in such a way. 

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 3
  • Funny Funny x 1

The people that are saying hateful conduct should stay the same are the edgy teens that yell the N word every second thinking it’s funny 🤦‍♂️

• Agree Agree x 4
  • Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Zing Zing x 1

6 hours ago, vex1 said:

no man no hateful conduct , i say n word on moat cause im super funny hahaha! Look at my gun it has the n word in it thats funny right??? i know man im the super funny hahaha cause its n word get it its n word hahahahahahaahahahahahaha ima  supry originale man hahaha look and im gonna name this gun retard destroyer cause i play this game 24/7 and i have a super overpowered gun that can kill anyone in 3 shots and illn ame it retard destroyer acuse if you die to it ure a retard!!!!! hahaha

heres a pristine example of how stupid and just plain rude and toxic it is to allow the hateful conduct rule to be as it is 😐

Everytime someone says the N-word 1 IC is donated to the T-Staff Foundation.

Saving T-Staff from harrassment 1 ic at a time!

Btw selling IC 100k for 10$

(^^ Im Joking... don't demote me. I know joking isn't removed from the rules yet^^)

20 hours ago, SPLIEF [FLUX] said:

why is calling other people retarded not that bad if anything its worse these "retardeds" cant cant really defend themselves lol pick your poison mate its all ok or none of it is ok

What are you trying to say?

I dont understand. I didn't say I loved people being able to say the r word, I said it wasnt that bad compared to the incredible n word spam.

Hateful conduct is/was too broad of a rule, but there should be a line drawn for when people are being too excessive.

My issue with MG is that the rules are awful for TTT, if it didn't have the inventory/gun system it would just be another run of the mill crappy TTT server, but having that combined with the current rules just make the game totally boring and encourage toxicity/crying.

Half the time you kill a traitor you get instantly reported with some whiny reason and they refuse to forgive even if you give a legit reason. Couple of times this ended up in me being slain anyway a year or so ago because they just believe the other person's word (For example killing someone after KOS called on mic then being reported and slain for it), and even though 'false reporting' is/was against the rules there was never any punishment for people blatantly false reporting constantly every time they died.

The excessive nannying and rules are just stupid considering the rounds last like 3 minutes, the fact that innocents are so restricted and pretty much the only time you are allowed to kill someone is if you literally see them shoot someone else combined with powerful guns means every round just ends up being traitors running and gunning because using any sort of logic is banned. 

I'm not saying it should be a free for all deathmatch but the rules are just way too restrictive to the point that most of the time I hesitate or just don't bother shooting obvious traitors doing traitor things because even though killing them in the situation would probably be within the rules it's not worth having to reply to a low effort report and then have someone sitting trying to decide if it was OK or not and possibly even being punished for it.

It just creates a toxic environment where everyone is a victim, mistakes (Which are meant to be part of the gamemode/the reason for karma) are not allowed and you have to sit and listen to people screeching about RDM most of the session.

no man no hateful conduct , i say n word on moat cause im super funny hahaha! Look at my gun it has the n word in it thats funny right??? i know man im the super funny hahaha cause its n word get it its n word hahahahahahaahahahahahaha ima  supry originale man hahaha look and im gonna name this gun retard destroyer cause i play this game 24/7 and i have a super overpowered gun that can kill anyone in 3 shots and illn ame it retard destroyer acuse if you die to it ure a retard!!!!! hahaha

• Funny Funny x 1

don't change a thing mate  you will open the server up to such passive cunts

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 3

4 hours ago, MeatNTwoVeg said:

Hateful conduct being removed was one of the worst things to happen to this server. People cannot be trusted to control themselves. People calling each other retarded? That's not that bad, I can live with that. But people are throwing the n word around like nobodies business. The amount of edgy meme kids with guns called "n word killer" or something is insane. Theres a guy called the coon who just keeps saying n word n word n word. And it never makes the play experience better.

why is calling other people retarded not that bad if anything its worse these "retardeds" cant cant really defend themselves lol pick your poison mate its all ok or none of it is ok

• Agree Agree x 3

Tbh I’ve never had more fun on the servers. I get to degrade people in ways I’ve never done before but I do agree it shouldn’t be like that.

It really is fun trolling the fuck out of toxic people or people who just don’t get the rules then get mad at you for being right. I feel like there should be an N-Word token that you can use so you can say the N-Word for a couple of hours. /s

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Disagree Disagree x 4
  • Funny Funny x 1

Hateful conduct should Not be changed back. It's alot more fun now and anyone who disagrees is a snowflake

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 3
  • Winner Winner x 2
  • Artistic Artistic x 1

• Viewing Now   0 members