ErebusDraken

Remove Voice Timer

Feedback Post

It's just punishing the players who don't mic spam I haven't been able to call kos on people multiple times because of it and it's not even on all servers. If mic spam is really happening that much you could just make the rules stricter on it. I don't know man the timer just sucks in my opinion.

Edited by ErebusDraken
+s (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 2
  • Informative Informative x 1

10 hours ago, ErebusDraken said:

It's just punishing the players who don't mic spam I haven't been able to call kos on people multiple times because of it and it's not even on all servers. If mic spam is really happening that much you could just make the rules stricter on it. I don't know man the timer just sucks in my opinion.

It's not a punishment, voice battery is enabled on gmod by default, the Minecraft servers have more player capacity than the normal TTT servers so it would make sense not to disable the voice battery on them becuase they can get really loud and have  a lot of people talking at once.

3 minutes ago, Sparked said:

It's not a punishment, voice battery is enabled on gmod by default, the Minecraft servers have more player capacity than the normal TTT servers so it would make sense not to disable the voice battery on them becuase they can get really loud and have  a lot of people talking at once.

It does more harm than good though.

Just now, ErebusDraken said:

It does more harm than good though.

Not really, use binds for calls outs. And use mic sparingly,

When people are being loud/spamming mic is useless for call-outs anyway

I for one stay off mic for the spam that it has. No offense but half the time most of the moat lobbies are just filled with mindless screaming, or talking/begging to buy weapons that no one has/is willing to sell. 

The amount of time it has I think it more then we need. Imagine the same situation turned around when someone is screeching or blaring music into there mic. Would you rather them to have shorter or longer times? Cause in my opinion, Ill take the safe guard of a little "mic battery" over "mic spamming"  any day. 

39 minutes ago, Migz said:

I for one stay off mic for the spam that it has. No offense but half the time most of the moat lobbies are just filled with mindless screaming, or talking/begging to buy weapons that no one has/is willing to sell. 

The amount of time it has I think it more then we need. Imagine the same situation turned around when someone is screeching or blaring music into there mic. Would you rather them to have shorter or longer times? Cause in my opinion, Ill take the safe guard of a little "mic battery" over "mic spamming"  any day. 

Yea I get that but the recharge is ridiculous it takes like 30 seconds to recharge and that alot of time for ttt.

If you don't drain it though, It doesn't take a full 30 seconds for you to use it. Just don't "empty" the bar. Its a resource within the game that people choose to use by talking rather then using it sparingly to call out. If you want to talk to your friends we have a discord server. I want to assume you can also make/have a discord server you could invite people too. Suddenly, There is no mic battery. 

Edited by Migz (see edit history)

What i'm trying to say is there is a mute button for a reason we don't need another layer of hand holding because you don't want to press a few extra buttons to mute someone. I don't know how many time some kid has been yelling shut up because someone is mic spamming and everyone else yells at HIM to just mute the spammer instead of being a brainlet and yelling into the mic just to tell the spammer to shut up even though it will not do any good at all.

Edited by ErebusDraken (see edit history)
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

On 2/22/2020 at 5:45 AM, Sparked said:

Not really, use binds for calls outs. And use mic sparingly,

this decreases the enjoyment DRASTICALLY, we should increase the voice bat time and increase the recovery time

• Agree Agree x 1

9 hours ago, Migz said:

If you don't drain it though, It doesn't take a full 30 seconds for you to use it. Just don't "empty" the bar. Its a resource within the game that people choose to use by talking rather then using it sparingly to call out. If you want to talk to your friends we have a discord server. I want to assume you can also make/have a discord server you could invite people too. Suddenly, There is no mic battery. 

People talk, not everyone wants to or has discord. Think of it like a new player joining. they get on and keep getting cut off because someone decided people shouldn't mic spam and instead of just muting people they just make it so everyone has to get cut off because of another group of dickheads.  If i was new to moat or ttt in general cause most new players see shit loads of moat servers and join that first, and I was cut off while trying to talk, alot and have to wait like 30 seconds for the bar to go up so I can finish a sentence. I would look for another server and assume all moat servers have  this battery because i haven't joined the others. ill think its just a normal thing for moat. Besides why the fuck have a mute button in the first place if your just going to add another layer of unwanted unneeded protection. most players don't like this battery but since most players also don't use the forums they don't look at these posts and add their incite.

• Disagree Disagree x 2