Wendy

Tiptoe

Feedback Post

Tiptoe - Has a (20 - 40) x.x% to mute all sound effects from being heard after killing with this weapon for (20 to 50) x.x seconds.

All sound effects, such as walking, shooting, reloading, planted C4, Mine Turtle plants/detonate, Dynamite throw/detonate etc. will be completely silent. Deathsounds will still be audible. 

I feel like this could replace Assassin since there is a lot of debate on whether Assassin should be removed or tweaked. Replacing the talent all together with something that fits the aesthetic of being an assassin could be a better option. This perk could really be quite game-changing as it helps prevent KOS off location/sound as well as helping you evade suspicion as nobody will hear you shoot at all. If this does get added I feel that Silenced should be tweaked since this is basically a better version of the talent. Silenced could be changed so your bullets are even quieter than what is now to make the talent better and have some actual use as Tiptoe is variable and would be in the T2 slot instead of T1. It would also make it so if Silenced and Tiptoe were rolled on the same weapon, Silenced would still be somewhat effective yet redundant in a way.

EDIT: If you disagree, state why you disagree. I don't know why people do this and never provide feedback. We are trying to bring a beneficial change to the server and if you simply blemish any idea with a disagree react and don't bring any new insights to why you do so, you aren't being helpful and it looks quite idiotic.

Edited by Wendy (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 13
  • Disagree Disagree x 4
  • Informative Informative x 1
  • Artistic Artistic x 1

Most non-user objects would be a pain to make silent, and we already have silenced for gunshots, maybe make this perk on 100% of the time and remove the sound from footsteps, reloading and equipment switching, (maybe hide them from every other radar ping too if you want crazy stealth.)

Also it would be cool to have no footsteps and/or reload sounds as t3 perk if it was on 24/7

Edited by Salt & Vi- Chips
t3 suggestion (see edit history)

I disagree only because the talent seems very T-oriented. A lot of talents excluding assassin have utility and usage as an innocent and as a traitor. I only see this being a useful thing if you’re a traitor and it just seems like a pain if you have no idea where or who is shooting you. If someone had this and silenced, it would be near impossible to see who shot you or something, just seems like it would cause a lot of confusion

• Agree Agree x 1

What do you think about just adding the silent footsteps action and putting onto assassin? Do you think it would work as an Assassin buff/rework ?

• Agree Agree x 1

I'm still a firm believer that assassin should be tweaked, not removed.
I've made the suggestion that guns with assassin can be changed to either
A. Never leave a DNA trace

B. Only show the role of the player, not what weapon they were killed by, last words, or how they died.

C. (Not likely, but) only work as a traitor.

• Agree Agree x 1

I do agree this seems very traitor-oriented, @RalseiFluffyBoy. I suggest that the talent could have a traitor functionality and an innocent functionality which could be:

Tiptoe (Innocent) - Has a (20 - 40) x.x% chance to be hidden from Traitor radar scans for (30 - 50) x.x seconds.

Tiptoe (Traitor) Has a (20 - 40) x.x% to mute all sound effects from being heard after killing with this weapon for (20 to 50) x.x seconds. 

This would be setting a new precedent for talents being the first role-specific functionality. It may seem weird but I do feel this has a place in TTT.

• Agree Agree x 2

12 hours ago, Wendy said:

I do agree this seems very traitor-oriented, @RalseiFluffyBoy. I suggest that the talent could have a traitor functionality and an innocent functionality which could be:

Tiptoe (Innocent) - Has a (20 - 40) x.x% chance to be hidden from Traitor radar scans for (30 - 50) x.x seconds.

Tiptoe (Traitor) Has a (20 - 40) x.x% to mute all sound effects from being heard after killing with this weapon for (20 to 50) x.x seconds. 

This would be setting a new precedent for talents being the first role-specific functionality. It may seem weird but I do feel this has a place in TTT.

This could be a problem though. Ppl will kos off of sound more because of this talent having 2 versions for innos and traitors. For example, a person watching 2 ppl fight could kill the winner if the other player made no sound at all when killing the inno

On 3/1/2020 at 3:06 AM, M-E-T-A said:

This could be a problem though. Ppl will kos off of sound more because of this talent having 2 versions for innos and traitors. For example, a person watching 2 ppl fight could kill the winner if the other player made no sound at all when killing the inno

That could be a downside to the talent, not necessarily a bad thing. A talent doesn't need to be perfect, you need some flaw in order to balance it (Wild!, Wildcard, Boston Basher) or you end up with complete RNG talents that are getting boring (Tesla, BOOM!, Newton etc.). I honestly am tired of talents purely being, x% proc of getting x effect. 

A simple way to rectify this is to just not let it be KOSable/killable like when an explosive goes off and someone doesn't take damage.

• Agree Agree x 1