DiscardPixel

New System of Leadership : Council

Feedback Post

"As of today, I will be stepping in to build a clear development path but I need your help. Some of you already know me but for those who don’t, I am eager to hear your ideas and improve your TTT experience. Moving forward expect to see some changes and development of new systems. AMA soon."
————
This was the community-wide message that was posted when Jerry took over. I am pretty sure most of you don’t recognise the differences from when moat was community lead and Jerry’s go at it currently. Both seem to be absent.

Most of our ideas on forums have gone unanswered for ages, nor have many changes been enacted, begging the question. Is this system of one community lead truly one the best system to use?

————
New System : Council
Now I for one would prefer someone who has spent hard time for the community and truly knows this community inside out. Hence, I propose a new system whereby a staff member can work their way up to Senior Admin after which they can apply for the rank of Council.

This system ensures that a person who is truly devoted to the server is someone who leads the community and makes these decisions. This also ensures that there will be multiple people who will have to hammer out a decision, making sure that no undesirable choices are made as there can be multiple Council members, capping off at (
3-7) to vote on all the issues whether it be as lowly as weapon stat changes or maybe as important as the alteration of rules and guidelines.

————
Selection of these people will be handled by three groups of people, Head Admin, Moat and the members

Head Admin = 1 Vote
Moat = 1 Vote
70% Community Vote  = 1 Vote

Requires 2 Votes to move onto interview stage whereby HA, Moat and other Council will vote after

(this is only suggestion)
————

This system has worked in other communities before and can be very beneficial. At the end of the day moat has the right to veto any and all decisions made by the council. Trust & Power is indeed a hard thing to give, however, this role will be given to people who have proven themselves by serving the server for months, maybe even years. This is just another idea from me,

~DiscardPixel
————
This is a WIP Idea, if you have any additions or feedback to add onto the conversation, leave it in the comments below.

Edited by DiscardPixel (see edit history)
  • Agree x 9
  • Disagree x 5
  • Winner x 2
  • Useful x 1
  • Optimistic x 1
  • Pog x 2

6 hours ago, Jewtwo | Moat.gg said:

I disagree with this idea, I've been in communities where people and friends would rise to power and take over the community with their friends. This is a hard no. as much as I respect you discard I can't approve of this. I watched communities rise and fall to this sort of nonsense.  for someone who has been playing TTT for almost 10 years, this stuff never works. I like your optimism tho but I am speaking from experience.  no one likes community where people that have risen to power will govern and corrupt people who aren't. for example, look at JAM, she risen to power and was a corrupt individual who had a power-hungry trip if you didn't respect her. moat is running things just fine as is ( ❤️ moat)  but your idea is not a bad one. sorry, I have to disagree with it tho.   

please no hate on my opinion.  ❤️

"corrupt individual". It is as you said it was in Jam's case, an individual. If you read the post, I said there should be at least 3 that hold the rank to counteract one another, ensuring that there is never "bias" put into place. You are viewing this Councilship idea as a purely negative, acting as if it encourages a certain group of friends to gain power, yet to obtain this position, you require 2 votes, 

from moat(1), from Head Admin (1), from 70% of the commmunity(1)

to even get to the interview stage afterwhich a normal vote will happen with council members, the head admin and moat to truly decide whether or not they will be . If a truly "bad" person gets into this role then it will be our fault will it not. Another fact as well, quoting myself,

"At the end of the day moat has the right to veto any and all decisions made by the council"

Having another countermeasure, possibly the greatest one to ensure nothing schneaky going on.

~DiscardPixel

• Agree Agree x 1

1 minute ago, Jewtwo | Moat.gg said:

There was a council at that time jam and leo, and leo kept agreeing with everything jam did. leo was a brainwashed fool to even allow for the abuse of the economy to happen.  when power is left unchecked but a small group of friends bad things is bound to happen. 

Seconadarily, I am pretty sure these people were in the position of Head Admin which is supposed to be one person, I don't really know what happened during that period as I was not around nor do I do who leo was, but from my other posts I can tell that the opinion that "Jam was corrupt" was not a very popular one that goes again or at the very least a very divisive one. Do you have any other examples?

• Agree Agree x 1

6 minutes ago, DiscardPixel said:

I am pretty sure these people were in the position of Head Admin which is supposed to be one person

I'm currently the only head admin, it's definitely not a role that's made for one person, I can tell you that with certainty.

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Pog Pog x 1

8 minutes ago, Jewtwo | Moat.gg said:

i edited my post... sorry when i post i tend to click submit too easily. 

Again, I am pretty sure Jam was still just Head Admin, if there was a "council" rank then it wasn't official.

You say this isn't Star Wars RP(Which I dont really know what this had to do with anything), but I can assure you that servers, namely a SuperiorServers, a community  which has this system has people that respect the decisions of the council only due to the fact that these people have worked for a very long time to be able to make these decisions. Is there corruption? Not really and if you really have been part of such communities, you would agree with me.

A great example of case-by-case is wildmonkei, he is in the same position jam is in, yet has he done anything similar? If the selection of these people are made properly then the problem will not be existent

• Agree Agree x 1

4 hours ago, Stabidy said:

as jewtwo has said councils are a horrible idea i have dealt with many communitys with this rank and all it does it make it harder to remove corruption in higher ranks as it stands our current ranks are just fine. as well if we have a problem with staff members we took it to moat some times there is alot more to removing some one such has 100% hard evidence and so on its not always 100% removal as well back then moat had alot on his plate and now we have jerry if we have a problem it can be dealt with pretty quick

If they manage to get that that high while being corrupt and power motivated then the entire promotion system is broken. Also the fact that nothing has happened in this community to improve this community and there is no clear development path set out, I would say that there is need for this, there is no real lead or direction for this community. 

You say you have jerry if you have a "problem", but a community lead or a replacement's council duty is not only to deal with the problems you go to him for. I personally think it is a duty too great for one person.

• Agree Agree x 1

7 minutes ago, Jewtwo | Moat.gg said:

I've been to superior servers and I can say it sucked. again, if the council did not like you. you were never given a position of power.  it was all favoritism and it sucks ass. 

If you are not liked in general everywhere, you can't get a position. Whether it be in the real or virtual. 

• Agree Agree x 1

as jewtwo has said councils are a horrible idea i have dealt with many communitys with this rank and all it does it make it harder to remove corruption in higher ranks as it stands our current ranks are just fine. as well if we have a problem with staff members we took it to moat some times there is alot more to removing some one such has 100% hard evidence and so on its not always 100% removal as well back then moat had alot on his plate and now we have jerry if we have a problem it can be dealt with pretty quick

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Useful Useful x 2

fef058f7-73bc-48f7-961c-55b7dd307edc.gif

Meanwhile in moats mind

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 2

3 minutes ago, DiscardPixel said:

"corrupt individual". It is as you said it was in Jam's case, an individual. If you read the post, I said there should be at least 3 that hold the rank to counteract one another, ensuring that there is never "bias" put into place. You are viewing this Councilship idea as a purely negative, acting as if it encourages a certain group of friends to gain power, yet to obtain this position, you require 2 votes, 

to even get to the interview stage afterwhich a normal vote will happen with council members, the head admin and moat to truly decide whether or not they will be . If a truly "bad" person gets into this role then it will be our fault will it not. Another fact as well, quoting myself,

"At the end of the day moat has the right to veto any and all decisions made by the council"

Having another countermeasure, possibly the greatest one to ensure nothing schneaky going on.

~DiscardPixel

There was a council at that time jam and leo, and leo kept agreeing with everything jam did. leo was a brainwashed fool to even allow for the abuse of the economy to happen.  when power is left unchecked by a small group of friends bad things are bound to happen.  sorry, I am tired, I would go into more detail about this but counilship is a bad idea. the way moat is running his community is working... people are happy and staying. if you grant people special badges and some uneducated people cant get this badge it leaves them sad and bound to leave the community.  that is why moat has it so the amount of time you spend protecting the server gives you this reward.   it shouldn't be chosen by a council this is not star wars. (sgm)  

Edited by Jewtwo | Moat.gg (see edit history)
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

1 minute ago, DiscardPixel said:

Seconadarily, I am pretty sure these people were in the position of Head Admin which is supposed to be one person, I don't really know what happened during that period as I was not around nor do I do who leo was, but from my other posts I can tell that the opinion that "Jam was corrupt" was not a very popular one that goes again or at the very least a very divisive one. Do you have any other examples?

i edited my post... sorry when i post i tend to click submit too easily. 

• Informative Informative x 1

3 minutes ago, DiscardPixel said:

Again, I am pretty sure Jam was still just Head Admin, if there was a "council" rank then it wasn't official.

You say this isn't Star Wars RP(Which I dont really know what this had to do with anything), but I can assure you that servers, namely a SuperiorServers, a community  which has this system has people that respect the decisions of the council only due to the fact that these people have worked for a very long time to be able to make these decisions. Is there corruption? Not really and if you really have been part of such communities, you would agree with me.

A great example of case-by-case is wildmonkei, he is in the same position jam is in, yet has he done anything similar? If the selection of these people are made properly then the problem will not be existent

I've been to superior servers and I can say it sucked. again, if the council did not like you. you were never given a position of power.  it was all favoritism and it sucks ass. 

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

51 minutes ago, DiscardPixel said:

~DiscardPixel

I agree with you the only change I would make as of my current thinking is that if someone doesn't get elected by 70% of the community but it does from moat and head admin, to make it still reach a minimal community support of 40% or something to ensure no bad people are added.

Edited by DemonOoOLegion (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, DiscardPixel said:

If they manage to get that that high while being corrupt and power motivated then the entire promotion system is broken. Also the fact that nothing has happened in this community to improve this community and there is no clear development path set out, I would say that there is need for this, there is no real lead or direction for this community. 

You say you have jerry if you have a "problem", but a community lead or a replacement's council duty is not only to deal with the problems you go to him for. I personally think it is a duty too great for one person.

Yeah and this also allows decisions to be made more easily rather than taking ages for a change to be made. The thought that "it is a duty too great for one person" shows to be true as to why Cole stepped down.

20 minutes ago, Jewtwo | Moat.gg said:

It's the same person with an individual but worse as power lies within a single person rather than multiple.

42 minutes ago, wildmonkei said:

I'm currently the only head admin, it's definitely not a role that's made for one person, I can tell you that with certainty.

rip

Who is the owner of the server? 

>moat

Who is helping him with community? 

>Jerry(same person XD) 

>admins/staff/mods.

Why do we need some people ruling the server and making it AIDS 🚮? We have a nicely done system. People make suggestions->we rate them. Everyone is equal. We can like/dislike something. But we can't forcefully deny somebodys idea/suggestion.If it something that u can't understand/like->u can vote against it->but if other people like->they will like it no matter what. And u can't abort that idea/deny something. 

Yes. Suggestions is not that active. But what do u want?! Approvung every suggestion and making server 🚮 with colorful guns with insane stats and even talents?!?!!! Are u crazy?!? And shiny boxes with guns and loot?! If we make that it's no longer a ttt! That's a cs go! Oh wait! Never mind... XD

Btw, we are picking good ideas->rate them->but it's still not your server. It's BELONG 2 a person. So we can't demand 2 throw something in the game without thinking, even if we like it so much. 

Do we actually need some 🐒 on the council? I think we are fine. 

Ps:if it's working why would we need to fix it? 

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 2

On 3/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, Jewtwo | Moat.gg said:

Agreed.But If wild 🐒 doesn't do illegal staff this doesn't mean that other council members would do the same. How would u check their loyalty 2 server? How would u knew that they are not slippery 🐍?! Huh? I knew some guy from a server. He seemed nice and chill. But after some time I saw his true form. He is a dick. He was playing it all along. He just wanted 2 act nice 2 get what he wanted. Attention and staff. So what we can do against it?Watch their play time? Asking then a questions? "Would u do illegal staff in council?Doooh?"

More people in charge ->more risks. Should we made that council a thing? The answer is no. 

Edited by Tom Gervais (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

17 hours ago, DiscardPixel said:

This seems to be a better and better idea eh?

I'd say so especially considering that the inventory glitch has been logged as "fixed" by dear old Cole even though it clearly isn't. Since this glitch happened I've stopped playing because I want to actually make progress that I know will count and I don't want to go around with items that aren't mine and are too OP for the game to be fun.

I disagree with this idea, I've been in communities where people and friends would rise to power and take over the community with their friends. This is a hard no. as much as I respect you discard I can't approve of this. I watched communities rise and fall to this sort of nonsense.  for someone who has been playing TTT for almost 10 years, this stuff never works. I like your optimism tho but I am speaking from experience.  no one likes community where people that have risen to power will govern and corrupt people who aren't. for example, look at JAM, she risen to power and was a corrupt individual who had a power-hungry trip if you didn't respect her. moat is running things just fine as is ( ❤️ moat)  but your idea is not a bad one. sorry, I have to disagree with it tho.   

please no hate on my opinion.  ❤️

Edited by Jewtwo | Moat.gg (see edit history)
  • Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 1