DiscardPixel

What Now ?

Feedback Post

Now that the server is broke, even worse this time with the second glitch, there is a certain word looming around in the community.

WIPE

I know staff says that there will be no wipe, but at this point nothing can be certain, especially with weapons with stats way over what they can normally be and thousands of glitched in planetaries and cosmics in circulation. One can only wonder,  

what now?

There has still been no official statement on issue and what is planned on being done,  so I am asking, the management what will happen?

a full wipe? 
a somehow magical reversion of weapons?
a semi-wipe of broken weapons?

The community as a whole is in the dark and we should at least know what the future will entail.

• Agree Agree x 28
  • Disagree Disagree x 6
  • Winner Winner x 1
  • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

6 hours ago, Lardo Lardo MOAT.GG said:

I consider this whole scenario to be very odd. Why would we need to Wipe the servers again? because Inventories got fucked. But who says this wasn't done on purpose for some reason. For example valentines day crates fucked the economy over, so maybe someone purposefully fucked inventories over in order to provoke a reset.  Then they would claim "there will be no reset" in order to diverge all attention that this could have purposefully been done. BUT THATS JUST A THEORY A GAME THEORY. THANKS FOR WATCHING.

Yes and the Earth is flat 

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 2

Full wipe please. Give back sc again. Give people ic based on their lvl. lvl *10,000 like @Mip1mip^'s idea he stated in another thread

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Funny Funny x 1
  • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

I do know that there are still some players who believe that Cole (moat) can still fix this issue without having to wipe, so heres a couple of things that you should understand :

• There are STILL some players who have glitched inventory and aren't able to use their items
  • Some players still did not get their items changed back (gun changed into another gun)
  • Players with the Bugged god tier items hold an extreme unfair advantage against players. And this is not the minority anymore (as in players who got lucky and got god rolls fairly) this is a large population of players
  • Players who spent countless hours and millions of IC on trying to perfect their guns has been left feeling pointlessness as they see other players running around with bugged BEYOND maxed out items
  • Some players got items that shouldn't exist in the game to begin with (Extinct Wrench Effect and Extinct Dev Skin) which are Dev items
  • Players who lost some IC still have not gotten their IC back
  • Now that players are selling and trading the bugged guns, its completely broken the Economy of Moat and the bugged guns are spreading around like a virus
  • If Cole did have a back-up plan (like making back ups of files just in case this would happen) he would have fixed it from the very first bug (where people items got changed). But the fact he hasn't, and the bugs just became worse and worse, its safe to assume he never made any contingency plan

This is beyond repairable now. And instead of Cole trying to "fix" it again, would be better honestly by just server wiping.

• Agree Agree x 4

I agree with this. Cus some ppl use those glitched guns on their Purp to farm items and other reasons. (I don't want to make dramas for those ppl because that's the fact)
*Also we need Cole/Moat to focus on "Gmod update" which affect to our servers.

8 hours ago, jungledifference said:

if you havent noticed this isnt ur avergae 3 server forum. The owner is some rich nerd most likely, has like 10+ no lag servers.  he most likely has a lot of other investments and things he is doing and managing daily, REAL LIFE things. not a small niche gaming community upset because their ingame item rarities are bugged

so no one is going to be watching the community posts and constantly relaying them like a small community. its just not realistic. He probably writes the code himself and its prob very far down his list of things to deal with in his life.

all we can do is either be patient or simply leave if you dont want to be, no need to cause drama

You obviously have no idea what the history of moat is, do you. Do you have any idea what the issue is, AT ALL. Seriously. Do not come on here spouting BS, after joining the forums this month. @jungledifference

• Agree Agree x 1

Wipe the universe dang server already, you dang noodlehead.

It seems there's no secondary backup, just erase it. Or soon your income will be obselete. I'm sure donators will come though and give small to below average donations for servers, but that's it. Everyone will eventually move to another community since you fired most of the devs' and you cannot justify why everyone is not playing anymore. @cole Stahp changing your name constantly.  I'm sure everyone will continue to play though. At least give a dang to what happens to your community. 

If they can't fix the items, they need to wipe the server, plain and simple. Well known members of the community are quitting due to this fiasco, plenty of us would rather the server just wipe inventories; we'd be happier that way. This is obnoxious, all of my items are ridiculously overpowered now, it's not fun. I don't want to do dailies or anything because I feel as if it's a waste of time, stop delaying the inevitable and either make a statement that it's going to be reversed, or it's going to be wiped, and at this point, the latter would be best.

Please add inventory logs.

• Agree Agree x 5

As you know I've only profited off this glitch and I would still rather a wipe. hands down.

• Winner Winner x 1

Us as a community came back from a wipe and I believe we will be able to do it again. I will miss my amazing m4aPartner ive had since January and hate the grind back to 100 but with this big mess now, it's worse than the December bug imo, a wipe may be in our best interest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Winner Winner x 1

I think what we need now is probably a wipe,  but it should never have gotten to this point, especially after the first wipe. We need back ups of the server for exactly this reason, but its not going to happen. We have heard there wont be another wipe, and yet there weren't ever any steps put in place to prevent this. Communication is terrible and obviously community feedback means nothing here. So the way I see it, is that this garbage is gonna keep happening until someone gets smarter.

• Agree Agree x 4

Hopefully cole learned from the last time the game broke and he is now keeping backups.

There will be no wipe 🤡

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  • Winner Winner x 1

Cole doesn't strike me as the type to really learn from his mistakes. Besides, if he had backups, it would have been in his best interest to announce that to prevent panic.

• Agree Agree x 2

1 hour ago, softairgaming said:

Cole doesn't strike me as the type to really learn from his mistakes. Besides, if he had backups, it would have been in his best interest to announce that to prevent panic.

Cole doesn't strike me as the type to make any acknowledgeable positive change in any way shape or form

• Agree Agree x 1

2 hours ago, DiscardPixel said:

WIPE

I agree with you completely , I also suggested cole to just back up all inventories before ANY new gmod update to stop a scenario like this happening again in the future

• Agree Agree x 3

Hey remember when moat said there wasn't going to be another wipe? Now the server is glitched where a wipe is needed again?

Crazy how that turned out, huh.

Edited by CrustyTheMoist (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 2
  • Winner Winner x 2

I would like a wipe to happen now if i lose all my progress with building a inventory due to the glitch, at least then everyone is back to a level playing field. I have a 25% marathon runner and a 200% ammo hoarder so everything is fucked anyways, may as well just start again, it would be a good time to do it now anyway with loads of people being at home due to the virus and a huge surge in new players I have been seeing on the server.

• Agree Agree x 1

You dont even know that the gmod update broke... it broke most gmod servers.

Even if you wipe its not gonna fix the glitch and itll keep happening.

Might aswell just fix the items and go back to normal

• Disagree Disagree x 4

If there's another wipe, I doubt it'll be fair for anyone not VIP, just like before when the wipe came who was rich and made the economy instantly broken? All the donors getting their support credits and being given pretty much the best items at the start of the wipe

Edited by breezy from NTG
LOL, disgaree but at least comment why? (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 2

I wouldn't mind a wipe honestly I only got negative changes to my guns nothing op even if it was fixed without a wipe (the guns) the economy is still screwed since people deconned free cosmics planetarys ascendeds etc 

• Agree Agree x 1

Welp

At the current state of the game with all the broken items and weapons, most people will agree on the wipe but if there's another solution to the problem the community will like to hear it out. 

If not then wipe.

A lot of player work real hard for their items if this happen in the future again in a short period of time. Moat will lose a large chunk of the player base . 

Edited by smoke out moat.gg (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1

I consider this whole scenario to be very odd. Why would we need to Wipe the servers again? because Inventories got fucked. But who says this wasn't done on purpose for some reason. For example valentines day crates fucked the economy over, so maybe someone purposefully fucked inventories over in order to provoke a reset.  Then they would claim "there will be no reset" in order to diverge all attention that this could have purposefully been done. BUT THATS JUST A THEORY A GAME THEORY. THANKS FOR WATCHING.

Edited by Lardo Lardo MOAT.GG (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1

5 minutes ago, Lardo Lardo MOAT.GG said:

They really didnt fuck the economy tho

• Agree Agree x 3

5 minutes ago, Lardo Lardo MOAT.GG said:

The fuck up is from the update to Gmod. Other servers were hit too. Moat isn't the only one

• Useful Useful x 1

1 minute ago, Wanky Danky Waldo said:

The fuck up is from the update to Gmod. Other servers were hit too. Moat isn't the only one

thank you. Because all i knew when posting that comment was inventories were bugged. I wish someone would post the reason for the bug on discord announcements so we could all simply rely on that to give us information and updates. but i haven't seen any updates since last Tuesday and had to rely on rumors. Once again I wanna thank you Waldo for telling me more information about this predicament then anyone else, because boy is it annoying to be left in the dark.

9 minutes ago, Zedigy said:

They really didnt fuck the economy tho

True, if anything they made the economy better

• Disagree Disagree x 1