DiscardPixel

What Now ?

Feedback Post

Now that the server is broke, even worse this time with the second glitch, there is a certain word looming around in the community.

WIPE

I know staff says that there will be no wipe, but at this point nothing can be certain, especially with weapons with stats way over what they can normally be and thousands of glitched in planetaries and cosmics in circulation. One can only wonder,  

what now?

There has still been no official statement on issue and what is planned on being done,  so I am asking, the management what will happen?

a full wipe? 
a somehow magical reversion of weapons?
a semi-wipe of broken weapons?

The community as a whole is in the dark and we should at least know what the future will entail.

• Agree Agree x 28
  • Disagree Disagree x 6
  • Winner Winner x 1
  • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

Don't wipe the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ server... I got so many good weapons and sold them a lot. I made my first 1 million since the last wipe and don't want to lose all the loot i grinded for.

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Disagree Disagree x 6

@DarkNight  ye, i recently made my first mil after working hard too, unless they somehow manage to fix the bugged items, a wipe seems to be the only reasonable option left (i don't want it to happen but what else can i do?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

For all you wipers, you can trade me your stuff.

Sincerely,

Manzy

• Agree x 1
  • Funny x 3
  • Useful x 1
  • Optimistic x 1
  • Artistic x 1

I agree. Wipe. This is ridiculous. 

• Agree Agree x 6
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

I really hope there is a wipe incoming, and honestly I would've hoped this wouldn't have to happen, but the game is completely drained of all the fun in it's current state. I have no incentive to hop on and trade/sell/buy or do dailies which is what makes moat so unique to other ttt servers. Please just do the wipe already and start everyone from scratch all over again. No need for compensation that's just pointless, just have everything back to an even playing field for everyone and let us enjoy moat again. The sooner the wipe the better. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's lost interest to play because the game is completely broken atm. 

• Agree Agree x 5
  • Disagree Disagree x 2

I completely agree. I have been distant from the server during this because it doesnt matter what I do since no matter what my progress wont stick. There's either going to be a rollback or a wipe, and either way, new progress won't stick. I used to spend all my ic on crates, because they are fun. But if I get something, it will kinda feel like a slap in the face.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

I honestly hope they wipe because their isn't really anything else they can do, I wish they would just stop delaying it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

i want my level 20 standard quality springfield of boom with refilling back along with the high end volcanic skin i just bought for it. it took forever to level it to 20 nevermind it was a connection issue, i almost popped myself there.

Edited by Chrisfish_the_pyroshark Moat.gg
more info availiable (see edit history)
  • Funny Funny x 1

10 hours ago, DarkNight said:

Don't wipe the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ server... I got so many good weapons and sold them a lot. I made my first 1 million since the last wipe and don't want to lose all the loot i grinded for.

I have made a lot of money during this period and I made the initial post of the about the possibility of a wipe. There are people richer than me who also want the wipe because broken guns just don't make the gun fun anymore.

The grind you talked about, I love that, the only way I obtained my guns was from crates and hard work, but when there are weapons in circulation that are impossible to obtain, 1000x better than a normally obtained gun ruins everything. I wish there was another way to fix this problem and there should not have been such a situation again, but unfortunately management doesn't keep backups. 

Hopefully they learn this time

11 hours ago, M-E-T-A said:

Full wipe please. Give back sc again. Give people ic based on their lvl. lvl *10,000 like @Mip1mip^'s idea he stated in another thread

I would be the richest person on the server, I agree with this idea

• Funny Funny x 1

2 hours ago, DiscardPixel said:

I would be the richest person on the server, I agree with this idea

whats 1.7 mil compared to a 10-20 mil inventory

1 hour ago, Papa Bear said:

I do know that there are still some players who believe that Cole (moat) can still fix this issue without having to wipe, so heres a couple of things that you should understand :

• There are STILL some players who have glitched inventory and aren't able to use their items
  • Some players still did not get their items changed back (gun changed into another gun)
  • Players with the Bugged ♥♥♥ tier items hold an extreme unfair advantage against players. And this is not the minority anymore (as in players who got lucky and got ♥♥♥ rolls fairly) this is a large population of players
  • Players who spent countless hours and millions of IC on trying to perfect their guns has been left feeling pointlessness as they see other players running around with bugged BEYOND maxed out items
  • Some players got items that shouldn't exist in the game to begin with (Extinct Wrench Effect and Extinct Dev Skin) which are Dev items
  • Players who lost some IC still have not gotten their IC back
  • Now that players are selling and trading the bugged guns, its completely broken the Economy of Moat and the bugged guns are spreading around like a virus
  • If Cole did have a back-up plan (like making back ups of files just in case this would happen) he would have fixed it from the very first bug (where people items got changed). But the fact he hasn't, and the bugs just became worse and worse, its safe to assume he never made any contingency plan

This is beyond repairable now. And instead of Cole trying to "fix" it again, would be better honestly by just server wiping.

Yeah, my planetary peacekeeper, which was like my crowned jewel, literally lost a talent, and now it’s basically a cosmic. My planetary m14a1 turned into a camoldaci, and a lot of my cosmics have broken speedforces talents that don’t even work. I tried unboxing crates to give myself some reason to continue playing while all this is going on, but to no avail. Doesn’t feel nice using the stuff I earned rightfully that got worse against ♥♥♥ tier high ends/ascendeds that outperform me no matter what.

JPH's message on the discord server gives me hope that there will be no wipe, however there hasn't been another message after all of the glitched planetaries and cosmics and other glitched weapons. I'm expecting a wipe, unless JPH sticks to his word. His message, "Hey there! We are currently aware of an ongoing issue regarding inventory bugs, this is being looked into currently and we hold this at the highest priority. There will be no wipe. Any updates will be posted here, please refer here rather than rumour. We appreciate your patience. - JPH." There hasn't been another update after the glitched planetaries and cosmics that have come into the server.

44 minutes ago, jungledifference said:

if you havent noticed this isnt ur avergae 3 server forum. The owner is some rich nerd most likely, has like 10+ no lag servers.  he most likely has a lot of other investments and things he is doing and managing daily, REAL LIFE things. not a small niche gaming community upset because their ingame item rarities are bugged

so no one is going to be watching the community posts and constantly relaying them like a small community. its just not realistic. He probably writes the code himself and its prob very far down his list of things to deal with in his life.

all we can do is either be patient or simply leave if you dont want to be, no need to cause drama

Lmao, the owner is the type of person that doesn't know that making backups is common sense. This server is very possibly his only source of income. When asked about all the glitches in-game or via discord, he either gives an answer that implies he doesn't care or he just doesn't acknowledge them. 

The server lost its most competent coder a while ago.

15 minutes ago, VAC Efron said:

JPH's message on the discord server gives me hope that there will be no wipe, however there hasn't been another message after all of the glitched planetaries and cosmics and other glitched weapons. I'm expecting a wipe, unless JPH sticks to his word. His message, "Hey there! We are currently aware of an ongoing issue regarding inventory bugs, this is being looked into currently and we hold this at the highest priority. There will be no wipe. Any updates will be posted here, please refer here rather than rumour. We appreciate your patience. - JPH." There hasn't been another update after the glitched planetaries and cosmics that have come into the server.

JPH, no disrespect to him, has no knowledge about the situation or what will happen, moat doesn't tell anyone what is happening, not even staff. Another big problem.

(Its not staff's fault, to make this clear)

Edited by DiscardPixel (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, DiscardPixel said:

JPH, no disrespect to him, has no knowledge about the situation or what will happen, moat doesn't tell anyone what is happening, not even staff. Another big problem.

Dang, I wasn't aware of that, we really need to improve these servers, or the downfall will be soon

Please for the love of ♥♥♥. Wipe the ♥♥♥♥ server it isnt even fun anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

Most of moat right now is broken. I hope its dealt with before easter, because we usually have event around this time. No point in playing during the event if everything is broken!

• Agree Agree x 3

If everyone just stops playing till they wipe then theyll be forced to wipe it. lmao🤷‍♂️

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

I’m fine with another wipe as long as everything goes back to normal. It doesn’t seem fair that people including myself have overpowered weapons that have insanely short ttk, shorter than even the call of duty franchise. If there is no wipe which there probably won’t be let’s just hope that he’s made backups to reset everything.

• Agree Agree x 2

2 hours ago, Weeb Is A Sad Cat said:

The staff currently said "There will be NO Wipe" calm your ♥♥♥♥♥

The staff also are not informed of any updates of the situation so they have no idea. As clearly stated in previous replies to this post.

• Agree Agree x 1

Gmod's update broke most of the code, but about 65% of it is fixed, still a lot to be done but it should all be handled relatively quick, Cole lives a busy life though. For the time being, the busted OP guns are fun to use, but the fun will wear off eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1

outlawing these weapons would be pretty funny and effective. keeping them in you inventory is fine but "if you use em you lose em"

just played against a sweaty with +43 health and 112% vamp huge lovers with broken stats

but yeah just do a semi wipe to get rid of these cuz it really is an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

Just now, swoogy said:

outlawing these weapons would be pretty funny and effective. keeping them in you inventory is fine but "if you use em you lose em"

just played against a sweaty with +43 health and 112% vamp huge lovers with broken stats

but yeah just do a semi wipe to get rid of these cuz it really is an issue.

New Votekick option :

Glitched Weapon User

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

@jungledifference The history and context that you obviously don't have is that this isn't the first time this has happened. There was a server wide reset just 3 months ago due to a very similar problem. People aren't mad that something is going wrong, people are mad that something went wrong, was handled very poorly and the owner never learned from his mistake the last time. And the owner is a 20 year old high school drop out who most likely has his whole income based in these servers. There used to be more people helping with development, But were forced out. I don't have the full context on that either though, as that was before my time on the server. The point is that the terrible communication, failure to take any smart safeguards, and if you were on the discord, the obvious ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ around during all of this make a lot of people that play a lot, myself included feel like our time and effort is being wasted.

• Agree Agree x 3