leadingquill505

Opinions/Suggestions surrounding a possible wipe

Feedback Post

As a Mod I have dedicated a lot of time to playing in-game (over 40 days) and I’ve already been through one wipe and I originally was afraid when a first wipe happened. I refused to come on to the server for almost a month because I didn’t wanna have to restart the amount of time I had lost. And yet, when I got on and started playing again, I got addicted. 

I need to make this clear that I DO NOT WANT A WIPE but that I AM NOT OPPOSE TO THE IDEA OF A WIPE. If the server cannot be corrected within a certain amount of time e.g. a month, i believe a wipe would be what’s best for business. 

Should their be compensation? Possibly, I believe all real money spent in-game should (just as it was last time) be reinstated. However, my opinion on in-game stuff like IC and weapons/cosmetics is mixed. I don’t want these broken weapons going through though.

I also think that a wipe would be pretty good due to the timing surrounding Spring Crates and the Summer Climb (if it’s reoccurs). We would have a little bit of time to gain weapons and items of a decent tier and Extinct Dual Weapons could be brought back in the Spring Crates (the decent weapons would make it so the economy surrounding dual weapons wouldn’t be extreme nor would they be OP in-game)

Anyway Id like some second opinions because why not? Thanks for listening to my little boomer rant

Pepega Clap

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to agree with you about the possibility of not wiping the server, that won't fix several key issues.

1: People have made large profits off of these exploited guns. If the guns are fixed, the people will get either regular guns, or have the guns removed, leaving them with nothing and less IC, and the person who sold the items will have gained so much IC with literally zero loss.

2: When it comes to things like databases and collections, it is, more often than not, more effective/worthwhile to start clean, and iron out the bugs as they appear. In saying this, I hope Cole starts making backups so that this doesn't happen again.

• Agree Agree x 2

A second wipe in the span of 3 months is a horrible idea in my opinion. I spent the entirety of the valentines event spamming boxes to get a stockpile of great weapons, which I sold after grinding for the whole month. Even afterwards I dropped my first few cosmic weapons and sold them too. I'd appreciate just getting my IC and weapons back and thats all.

Edited by DarkNight (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, DarkNight said:

A second wipe in the span of 3 months is a horrible idea in my opinion. I spent the entirety of the valentines event spamming boxes to get a stockpile of great weapons, which I sold after grinding for the whole month. Even afterwards I dropped my first few cosmic weapons and sold them too. I'd appreciate just getting my IC and weapons back and thats all.

But others will say the same meaning cheated IC will go through also. I was thinking either a complete wipe excluding rank (like last time) or keeping all items that are proven to not be glitched, and therefore people will still miss out but will not entirely lose everything 

• Agree Agree x 1

If we can get a wipe, and possible to grind back to our levels again I'll play it. But since the exploits I've not been playing either. I was going to get on in a few hours hopefully get myself to level 70, but if not, I've got wally world shifts coming in tomorrow to tuesday due to cov-19 virus hitting us in the east coast, badly. 

I think its sad that its gone on this long yes we did have a roll back but I think it just caused more problems than it fixed.

Just wipe it refund SC points like they did last time.
I know it sucks having to start all over again and esp. for low levels/new players but when its this out of hand....

• Agree Agree x 3

3 minutes ago, ๖ۣۜGregie said:

I think its sad that its gone on this long yes we did have a roll back but I think it just caused more problems than it fixed.

Just wipe it refund SC points like they did last time.
I know it sucks having to start all over again and esp. for low levels/new players but when its this out of hand....

The rollback didn't give sc back to players who bought it between now and then, so your going to have to comp them either sc or their money back.... and it still has glitched items so, fix it right please

• Agree Agree x 2

32 minutes ago, Noob moat.gg said:

The rollback didn't give sc back to players who bought it between now and then, so your going to have to comp them either sc or their money back.... and it still has glitched items so, fix it right please

Like I said I think the roll back they did today caused more problems than it solved. At least when they did the last wipe back in December they gave back SC which people used to get IC back to mass open creates

• Agree Agree x 1

Calling it as I see it. I love moat so even if there is a wipe I'm still playing on it. At this point, its gone on long enough. I'm not opposed to a "wipe," so IMO, (and i say IMO), there should be a fresh start. With everything that is going on, assets and everything broken, we should start the slate clean and start keeping backups of each day. What happened wasn't anyone's fault but H2L, so Cole isn't to blame here, as much as I see people calling him out on it. 

So to sum it all up. *A wipe is appreciated, and maybe necessary for the time being. We could see how this thing goes on for now, but people are only going to get more angry if they lose more items that they obtained during this bugged season.*

For all of you that I know are gonna call me out on it,

This is all my opinion, and....

No, I'm not simpin for Cole. I'm just stating facts.

• Agree Agree x 3