Caitlin

Staff

Feedback Post

I think Moat needs better staff or more staff cause this is not working.

• There is never staff online
  • If there is staff online they don't want to help
  • Staff picks and chooses who they want to help (ex. someone can make a help post and it not get looked at for more than 24 hours, but more recent posts will be taken care of)

okay bye

Edited by Caitlin (see edit history)
  • Agree x 20
  • Disagree x 3
  • Zing x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Optimistic x 1

On 3/26/2020 at 3:31 AM, Caitlin said:

I think Moat needs better staff or more staff cause this is not working

https://moat.gg/community/forms/11-staff-program

Also I would also like to point out what erissa said - this is voluntary work and staff have lives too 

• Agree Agree x 8
  • Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Informative Informative x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

Staff is just a volunteer position and we all have lives... If you know the rules and play a good amount then feel free to apply and help out... https://moat.gg/community/forms/11-staff-program

If you have a problem with what a staff member did then please make a staff complaint and make sure to bring evidence that we can be sure on what happened...

For heading to servers what I go off of and would also tell other staff is going to the calls that were oldest to newest but only look at them from 10 minutes ago as the others are long after and probably will have had map change... 

If you have a problem with a player and they have broken a rule then feel free to gather evidence and make a player complaint on the forums. https://moat.gg/report

For the staff team it self, we are trying to get the coverage of servers up and get everything to run well but it will still take a while to build up a team that knows the rules well enough as well as plays a lot...

• Agree Agree x 5
  • Winner Winner x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 2

2 hours ago, Caitlin said:

I understand what a lot of you are saying. I have a life and a job as well which is why I personally would not apply to be staff. What I do not understand is if you don't have the time or you're too busy in life to be staff why apply in the first place?  Also after looking at the list of staff I see many that have not been on in over a month. At what point do you let those staff members go and add newer staff that are more available to help the community?  I believe that it makes the community look bad when there is no one available to help with problems in the servers or reply to reports. 💗

People who are off the server for that amount of time is on LOA, meaning they at are away for a reason.

The staff team is consistent of people who are willing to give the time they can to help people.

If we only accepted people who can staff full time, there would never be staff on. We don't get paid. 

Im in charge of promoting new trial staff, and the amount of people who have the knowledge and personality to be staff has decreased alot due to all the drama this server has been through towards the end of the last year and this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Winner Winner x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

On 3/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, Caitlin said:

• Staff picks and chooses who they want to help (ex. someone can make a help post and it not get looked at for more than 24 hours, but more recent posts will be taken care of)

okay bye

Moat does need more staff I'll give you that. When I was first a staff member we had around 80 moderators between these 80 moderators you could see around 1/8 to 2/8 of them active per day. Even the Management team was pretty active! The staff team has now gone through two or more total collapses since that time. Just to show you how much has changed since then. Leo was an SA, Monkei was a TrialJPH was also a Trial, and Icy was an Administrator. The staff team has changed so much since then. 

Of the
management teams the most recent management team (Leo, Icy, Wildmonkei, and JPH) has worked the hardest to ensure the staff do their jobs efficiently and actively. Of course I cannot tell you exactly what methods go on on the inside but they are working on it. Between my two periods of staffing I've definitely seen increases in discipline as well as ways to make it easier for the staff members to do their jobs. Moat has not made it easy for them as he's reformatted the forums recently. Which mucked their whole system up.

- Staff are online when they can be as they all have jobs and circumstances going on in their lives.
- If staff don't want to help then there's a problem. If they can help they should be helping. (Depends on the circumstances)
- Forum Posts and Help pings are supposed to be handled to the best of their ability. Sometimes a difficult decision needs to be made with management or the offender needs to be contacted. Sometimes PC are grabbed out of order if there are multiple complaints on one player. Staff members go through a lot. As players you don't know what is going on on the inside.

Edited by MisterWhy (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 2

I liked how the staff system was back then when most of the time pings were answered and reports were done in a timely manner. Now it's just the opposite from what I've seen, especially when I try to call for staff and they never respond.  Yes, I know we all have our own personal lives to adhere to particularly with the quarantine period, but come on there's at least 25 staff members right now 1 or 2 should just be able to answer people's questions/concerns.

• Agree Agree x 4
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

3 hours ago, Zenotix said:

https://moat.gg/community/forms/11-staff-program

Also I would also like to point out what erissa said - this is voluntary work and staff have lives too 

Yeah...
Unfortunately, for staff members such as myself, I have a full time job where I work every weekday. So my playtime is limited to just 2 days a week, and on rare occasions during the weekday.
But for the times that I do get on, I do tend to hop from one server to another, staying for like 1 or 2 rounds, mostly because theres so many pings for staff and not alot of response. And in most cases, I can't even play the game anymore because there are so many reports, so I end up just staying in spectator mode just to handle reports.
So I can understand where the frustration lies and I do agree that the staffing response is a bit too low and I do kind of wish it would be more active, but seeing how this is a volunteer work, theres not much initiative because its not like staff gets paid or anything 

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Winner Winner x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 4

As many people have already stated in this post, all staff members have lives outside of game that they need to tend to. Considering the time we're in right now due to the coronavirus, this is a very stressful time. Some people have lost their jobs and have no income. We all try our best to come and help players on the server when we can, but immediate response to pings in discord is difficult to achieve with the developing situation in society as of today. We're all on edge and we're trying our best.

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

2 hours ago, Dec said:

staff sucks ngl

Aahhhhh, yes, the perfect comeback to staff just not being able to be their at every moment of every day of every week of every month of every fucking year. Truly a great sentence to express your feelings about staff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Pog Pog x 1

Staffing is voluntary and they don't have committed hours.

thats why there are VIP commands to call votes.

But big agree on the lack of expediency on forum reports.

Especially on ones where its blatant mass RDM over multiple rounds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Winner Winner x 2
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

I will say though.
You usually have 1-2 staff answering nearly every call in help chat, a few more that will server hop and help whatever server they are in.

When I used to play, I almost always had to votekick, and when calls were answered it was always the same select few.

I will add in some defense though, when I staffed, I put staffing over my enjoyment of the game, and hit a major burnout and didn't play for months (which lead to my resignation). Sometimes staffing shouldn't be the main focus, and they should be allowed to have fun from time to time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 2

It's so weird too... one night I was on a low pop server and 4 trial staffs and 2 mods joined. Like I get they were trying to play together but there shouldn't be 6 staff on 1 server when there are other servers in need of staff. Also on this topic, why the hell do forum reports take 2weeks+? How hard is it to look at something and decide if its it's right or wrong? 

Edited by Mip1mip^ (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

The feedback is from the community, not the member that made the post... If you want it to go a bit faster then please look through all of the T-staff apps and then put comments on there with your experiences with the player if you have seen them before/ saw good things/bad things that they did...

By making 1 comment it could help out quite a bit as if there are a lot of people that say something good then it can be accepted faster as we have more knowledge about the player... With younger people from what I have seen in the past, they get denied for not being mature enough or toxic or not following the rules. Ye they have more time but they would bring problems which is something that we don't want to risk... On the other hand though, if they are younger but there is a lot of positive comments and feedback from the community, then it would be fine for them to get a chance to be staff...

Feedback is a good thing to have as you don't want a staff member that abuses their powers or just goes on a mass banning spree again...

TLDR: Leave feedback on all T-staff apps for the people that you have interacted with. (Evidence of the stuff is even better but is not needed)

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Winner Winner x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

MisterWhy, you are correct. The staff do not have all the time on their hands, as they have schooling and jobs. Although right now, I do believe there should be more staff on, as the Coronavirus pandemic is still in full swing. I am not saying be on all day, but try to take a couple hours out of your day if you can. I do know how it feels to be told what to do. I was staff before on another server so I know how it feels. Do not tell the staff how to do your job. You likely have no idea how to, and seriously, if you think you can do better go ahead and make a staff application already ffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

my entire time on moat i have called for staff probably around 2 dozen times, i can count on one hand how many times staff has actually shown up

• Zing Zing x 4
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

i apologize i usually answer late at night because of work but due to spectrum messing up my internet i have been unable to do anything of late but sit here late at night and use my phone to communicate 

• Friendly Friendly x 4

I mean if you think there’s not enough staff, you could always apply to help out. 

Also I do believe that requirements need to be less ”strict” for the AU time zones because it’s understaffed and most people don’t bother calling staff and just opt to vote kick during those times.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

There is also the issue of poor communication. Back when I staff some good odd time ago, we always communicated with each other to let each other know if someone was going to a certain server. As well as if someone called for staff and we ourselves couldn't get on, we would go into the staff chat to see if anyone else was on that could possibly get there. The staff could use a major upgrade, but also alot of the best have left aka me, Agent A, 12 centipedes, etc. I previously reapplied for staff i think mid last year and I got declined because of toxicity. (Jam made lies about me), but you throw passed the "toxicity" I'm a nice guy. I do my job and I do it well, without showing bias and without being a dick. 

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Friendly Friendly x 2

On 3/26/2020 at 1:31 AM, Caitlin said:

okay bye

Honestly when I first started playing back in early Feb this year I saw staff everywhere but now I only see them here and there rarely. Theres even some people who are staff that I havnt seen for a dew weeks to a month

• Friendly Friendly x 1

10 hours ago, -=Erissa=- Chicken Hawk moat.gg said:

Staffing is voluntary and they don't have committed hours.

thats why there are VIP commands to call votes.

But big agree on the lack of expediency on forum reports.

Especially on ones where its blatant mass RDM over multiple rounds.

Theres vip commands? I havnt had vip for long so idk lmao

• Funny Funny x 2
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

There are still staff helping but its a very small percentage. (thank you to those staff who actually help)  I understand that staff have lives and deserve some time to play moat how they want to but now "we have lives!" has become one of the most overused excuses. Another problem is servers with an excessive amount of staff. a lot of the time they are needed elsewhere and are pinged, but they just stay in a server with 2 other staff members. That's just my two cents do whatever you want 

LOVE THIIS OLD GUY.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 1

5 hours ago, SB said:

(Jam made lies about me)

What a shocker..  whoever could have thought that Jam would lie about people. kek

2 hours ago, Mip1mip^ said:

Also on this topic, why the hell do forum reports take 2weeks+? How hard is it to look at something and decide if its it's right or wrong? 

+ 1 - that shit alone is annoying when you take the time to report a mass rdmer and for weeks they are around mass rdming before they finally get removed. 

A good bit of staff prob ghosted like a fair amount of player base when the inventory glitches happen. and I don't blame them.

A good bit of staff are overwhelmed when they do play, like Papa Bear has attested to. (Thanks btw @Papa Bear for being one of the responsive t staff out there) 

Which that shit right there is why I would never staff, its too much cons for not enough pros.

But hey mass unbanning everyone definitely didn't lead to this cancer problem.. another good idea from the community retard though. /shrug

• Friendly Friendly x 2

4 hours ago, Papa Bear said:

Yeah...
Unfortunately, for staff members such as myself, I have a full time job where I work every weekday. So my playtime is limited to just 2 days a week, and on rare occasions during the weekday.
But for the times that I do get on, I do tend to hop from one server to another, staying for like 1 or 2 rounds, mostly because theres so many pings for staff and not alot of response. And in most cases, I can't even play the game anymore because there are so many reports, so I end up just staying in spectator mode just to handle reports.
So I can understand where the frustration lies and I do agree that the staffing response is a bit too low and I do kind of wish it would be more active, but seeing how this is a volunteer work, theres not much initiative because its not like staff gets paid or anything 

damn you have a full time job but you are still more active then most of the staff

• Friendly Friendly x 1

1 hour ago, -=Erissa=- Chicken Hawk moat.gg said:

Btw, use !menu in chat to bring up the little command menu

ohhh those iv always gotten into that through clicking on someones name on tab menu and clicking DM never knew you could just type !menu all this time xD I feel so dumb lmao

• Friendly Friendly x 1

15 hours ago, -=Erissa=- Chicken Hawk moat.gg said:

What a shocker..  whoever could have thought that Jam would lie about people. kek

+ 1 - that shit alone is annoying when you take the time to report a mass rdmer and for weeks they are around mass rdming before they finally get removed. 

A good bit of staff prob ghosted like a fair amount of player base when the inventory glitches happen. and I don't blame them.

A good bit of staff are overwhelmed when they do play, like Papa Bear has attested to. (Thanks btw @Papa Bear for being one of the responsive t staff out there) 

Which that shit right there is why I would never staff, its too much cons for not enough pros.

But hey mass unbanning everyone definitely didn't lead to this cancer problem.. another good idea from the community retard though. /shrug

well as a man banned by Jam for calling her out lol, im happy the unbanning happened.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

On 3/25/2020 at 6:31 PM, Caitlin said:

Staff picks and chooses who they want to help (ex. someone can make a help post and it not get looked at for more than 24 hours, but more recent posts will be taken care of.

This is a problem for lots of people, but staff do their own things, ,their not your slaves. And they look at recent things when other people across the world post in a different timezone. When you post in a EU timezone someone in an American timezone would see it at 2 in the morning.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

On 3/27/2020 at 6:55 AM, Saint said:

The staff is fucking trash lmao. I have never seen a worse staff team on any server. If you just want to be staff for clout then don't at all. Soez, Free Bird, Ice, and Zeno are the only ones I've ever seen do anything. 

poggers

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

I think the staff are doing a good job, but i agree there needs to be more, unfortunatly there seems to be a bottle neck with acceptable/ successfull aplications,  if you think you or anyone else thinks they could do a good job staffing, Get applying 🙂

• Friendly Friendly x 1

8 hours ago, Sparked said:

I think the staff are doing a good job, but i agree there needs to be more, unfortunatly there seems to be a bottle neck with acceptable/ successfull aplications,  if you think you or anyone else thinks they could do a good job staffing, Get applying 🙂

even with those that apply it take like a month before it gets denied or accepted

• Friendly Friendly x 1