Caitlin

Staff

Feedback Post

I think Moat needs better staff or more staff cause this is not working.

• There is never staff online
  • If there is staff online they don't want to help
  • Staff picks and chooses who they want to help (ex. someone can make a help post and it not get looked at for more than 24 hours, but more recent posts will be taken care of)

okay bye

Edited by Caitlin (see edit history)
  • Agree x 20
  • Disagree x 3
  • Zing x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Optimistic x 1

On 3/27/2020 at 6:55 AM, Saint said:

The staff is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ trash lmao. I have never seen a worse staff team on any server. If you just want to be staff for clout then don't at all. Soez, Free Bird, Ice, and Zeno are the only ones I've ever seen do anything. 

Ouch that hurt

• Friendly Friendly x 1

I see what the OP is talking about. When I play, I rarely see staff members online and I hop between servers frequently. This doesn't mean that they are bad because everyone is busy with life, but you shouldn't be staff if you play garrys mod once a week. Right now I'm looking at Discord and there are 35 staff members online. Only 1 of them is on Garry's Mod. To give them the benefit of the doubt we'll say an additional 5 have their game activity hidden or aren't on Discord. That means there's 6 staff online when there's 26 servers. This is during quarantine and most people are at home or have reduced hours for work . There is a lot of room for improvement in the staffs activity. 

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

there is like 15 servers and most of the staff team has full time jobs and a life. like someone said earlier, if you want to help out then apply.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

I understand what a lot of you are saying. I have a life and a job as well which is why I personally would not apply to be staff. What I do not understand is if you don't have the time or you're too busy in life to be staff why apply in the first place?  Also after looking at the list of staff I see many that have not been on in over a month. At what point do you let those staff members go and add newer staff that are more available to help the community?  I believe that it makes the community look bad when there is no one available to help with problems in the servers or reply to reports. 💗

15 hours ago, CherryTree said:

even with those that apply it take like a month before it gets denied or accepted

People don't leave feedback on applications as much as they used to. I can't know who I should accept without the help of players who interact with them.

• Friendly Friendly x 2

28 minutes ago, wildmonkei said:

People who are off the server for that amount of time is on LOA, meaning they at are away for a reason.

The staff team is consistent of people who are willing to give the time they can to help people.

If we only accepted people who can staff full time, there would never be staff on. We don't get paid. 

Im in charge of promoting new trial staff, and the amount of people who have the knowledge and personality to be staff has decreased alot due to all the drama this server has been through towards the end of the last year and this year.

I am confused by "If we only accepted people who can staff full time, there would never be staff on"  so like if you accepted staff that could be on no one would be on?? I know you don't get paid...But there is an obvious lack of staff on Moat. I also know that that is not all on you, and that finding a staff member that you can trust to do the job properly can be challenging. 

My reasoning behind making this post was not to offend any of the current staff and if I have I apologize. I really just wanted to see if others are having the same experiences and hear their opinions, and after reading the comments many are having the same issues. I've heard many complain about it in the servers as well and didn't know if it was something people have discussed here and if they have I apologize for being repetitive. 💗

12 minutes ago, Caitlin said:

so like if you accepted staff that could be on no one would be on??

The amount of people that could staff the servers for enough time to be considered full time, is extremly low. Thats what i meant by that. The people who are staff are volunteers who put in as much time as they can. Which for an unpaid, underappricated and often frowned upon role is quite generous of the staff members.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Winner Winner x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

5 minutes ago, wildmonkei said:

The amount of people that could staff the servers for enough time to be considered full time, is extremly low. Thats what i meant by that. The people who are staff are volunteers who put in as much time as they can. Which for an unpaid, underappricated and often frowned upon role is quite generous of the staff members.

Lol thanks for clearing that up I was confused for a minute. I one hundred percent appreciate the staff members for volunteering their free time. I just don't think Moat has enough staff to keep up with the amount of players it gets. It's not fair to the staff because they have way more player complaints than they can handle, and it's frustrating for players because they can't get help when they need it. 💗

• Friendly Friendly x 1

On 3/27/2020 at 6:55 AM, Saint said:

The staff is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ trash lmao. I have never seen a worse staff team on any server. If you just want to be staff for clout then don't at all. Soez, Free Bird, Ice, and Zeno are the only ones I've ever seen do anything. 

dang that sucks that you have to be overly toxic about it also there are staff online a lot of the time on servers that know what their doing so stop firing shots towards staff you dont even know exist

• Friendly Friendly x 1

12 hours ago, wildmonkei said:

People don't leave feedback on applications as much as they used to. I can't know who I should accept without the help of players who interact with them.

then if needing staff is such a big issue go out of your way to get feedback, simply send them a PM "Hey why should they be staff" and done, it doesnt have to be you inparticular i know you do a lot, and i mean a lot for this community already wild, but with it being such an issue, surely sending a PM is worth someones time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

13 hours ago, JJ said:

there is like 15 servers and most of the staff team has full time jobs and a life. like someone said earlier, if you want to help out then apply.

With this in mind, people should be more accepting of younger T staff applications, as they have a lot more time on their hands.

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

staff sucks ngl

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  • Artistic Artistic x 1

Edited by Saint (see edit history)
  • Agree x 3
  • Disagree x 14
  • Funny x 3
  • Informative x 2
  • Friendly x 1
  • Pog x 1