Dakota

W1pe or no W1pe?

Feedback Post

7 hours ago, Dakota said:

I DMed cole and suggested maybe comping everyone 50 or 100k to help get started if the wipe went through

Bro 50k is one day of dailies.... I hit level 100, so 50k is a kick in the nuts. I suggested giving people 10k per level. Level 50 would get 500k, 100 get 1m. If you think that's too much you are wrong because my inventory is worth well over a mil. There was a lot of time put in over these months...

• Agree Agree x 6
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

From the way I see it, the current state of the server has :

• Items completely changed from one item to another
  • talents missing from regular 3 talent items
  • Many planetaries dropped for many people and sold it, thereby deflating the worth of nearly all Planetary items (skin, model, gun, etc)
  • Some players still have items that are completely bugged and unusable (Items with no description)
  • Players are still missing lots of IC that the first bug caused

and many other bugs. 

Now, in my predicament, I have gotten nothing but extreme profit from this bug. My inventory which was worth around ~7mil in IC changed to nearly 20-30mil. And I have guns I spent countless hours and IC on to perfect the best rolls possible.
However, all because I profited and benefitted from the bug doesn't mean the state of the server and community has, and saying that I wouldn't want a wipe would be an extremely selfish choice.
I would want nothing more than this whole thing to be fixed without having to wipe, however it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Yes that recent rollback did fix the EXTREME game breaking state of the server, but thats like essentially putting out a house fire with a cup of water. It did not fix the overall state of the server. Markets are still fucked, players still cant equip certain items, guns are still broken. 
It would be best for all to wipe as soon as possible.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 4
  • Winner Winner x 1

As a person who didn't  get affected by the very first glitch and didn't lose/gain anything this rollback actually set me back to have my original inventory after suffering from the other two glitches (not having anything available from my inventory for good 2 days to having my entire inventory with OP guns) this rollback was a good step even if it took a while to happen  given Moat wanted to avoid a wipe and there is more to fix as there's still glitched guns out there and items people never had (like the t-rex model that still probably exists in bulks which it shouldn't as there was only 1 that ever dropped) 

While a wipe would settle it for good and is the easy option, look at the effort these people put in to AVOID it.

Honestly anyone who cries about the new items/IC/SC they gained while this entire issue was happening is stupid, Everyone knew that something was going to happen whether a ROLLBACK or a WIPE so if people are just gonna sit and cry about how much good stuff they obtained after the glitch and how they want it to be compensated yeah well it ain't gonna happen and that's entirely YOUR OWN fault not the staff or the devs.

For those who still have stuff affected by the first glitch and still haven't regained their original inventory, keep calm it's most likely being in progress and will be completely fixed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Winner Winner x 2

2 minutes ago, Dakota said:

That would be too insane. 500k is too much and the economy would he fucked from the get go

How? I literally just told you my inventory is worth more. Everyone would be opening crates from the get go to get weapons... There has to be some reward given based on time, no?

• Agree Agree x 3

40 minutes ago, Dakota said:

Do you not understand what a wipe is?

Do you not understand that a wipe would get rid of all the items I worked so hard for? What don't you get? I put literal weeks into the server. You make money so fast doing dailies... Money ain't a thang, getting good items is.

Edited by Mip1mip^ (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1

Why would you want a wipe? We lost about a week of progress in trading but so what? At least my inventory isn't ruined. Rather be set back to what I had a week ago then be set back to ZERO. We got a bunch of crybabies imo.

Edited by Mip1mip^ (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 7
  • Disagree Disagree x 4

All that happened was some items turned into others, it doesnt really break gameplay

1 minute ago, M-E-T-A said:

Still many glitched items and that makes it unfair

• Agree Agree x 4

1 minute ago, Dakota said:

the server is still fucked. wipe the server then get moat to actually keep daily, weekly, etc backups.

Imagine wanting to wipe a server because people have dino models and statless copycat guns. Its all meaningless, at the worst case some event items got turned into something else and we have to wait till next year to get them again. Nothing is really broken.

• Agree Agree x 4

Just now, PhantomVir said:

Imagine wanting to wipe a server because people have dino models and statless copycat guns. Its all meaningless, at the worst case some event items got turned into something else and we have to wait till next year to get them again. Nothing is really broken.

lmao are you dumb? the talents are fucked up on everything, theres people who have double med guns, 100dmg snowball cupid, etc. 

• Agree Agree x 6
  • Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 1
  • Artistic Artistic x 1

lmao are you dumb? the talents are fucked up on everything, theres people who have double med guns, 100dmg snowball cupid, etc. 

And your first idea is to wipe everyone?and i think you are mistaken. The stat% raises happened after the item swapping. Which was rolled back to right after. People have fucked talents but not as severe as the recent guns

• Agree Agree x 2

there is no OP gun anymore, wipe is not needed. The server are fine

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 7
  • Funny Funny x 1

5 minutes ago, Yeahjah said:

there is no OP gun anymore, wipe is not needed. The server are fine

Some people still have glitched weapons. I also have a glitched smart pen with -40 weight which is over the max. 

• Agree Agree x 4

My inventory was not effected by the rollback at all , everything is still as broken as it was before as I was not effected by the 2nd (bug that made guns op) nor 3rd (loadout deletion) bugs , just the 1st bug that destroyed talents , stats , talent%

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Pog Pog x 1

Weird.  I literally have 5 or so cosmic skins in my inventory that shouldn't be there and my talents are fucked up and have a few guns I didnt have before. 

What I meant is that my inventory is still broken , the rollback did nothing - all my items are still missing explosive , extended mag is accuracy , the talent % and normal stats on all my guns went down and a lot of my good guns are ninja masks..................... (there's more but you get the point)

In my personal opinion i believe we need a wipe and recomp SC as with the last wipe, i am most definitely biased as most of my items were affected by the inventory glitch, however i also believe the people that have put in the time to this server from the last wipe need to be comped somehow maybe a guaranteed item depending on the in game level they have.

• Agree Agree x 4
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

it's gon be tight

wipe.PNG

• Agree Agree x 1

5 hours ago, Mip1mip^ said:

Why would you want a wipe? We lost about a week of progress in trading but so what? At least my inventory isn't ruined. Rather be set back to what I had a week ago then be set back to ZERO. We got a bunch of crybabies imo.

I lost literally everything. Which, would be normal, had it been a regular wipe.

Except I lost all my SC too. So, that's an issue.

• Agree Agree x 3

Personally i think we should wipe. Although the rollback fixed majority of the issues its still not possible to fix everything. We still have people with op guns that none other compare too. People who droped good weapons before the roll back want their stuff back and its all complete crap. If we wipe or don't wipe i dont really care, but i think wiping is the right answer here.

• Agree Agree x 4

52 minutes ago, Mip1mip^ said:

Bro 50k is one day of dailies.... I hit level 100, so 50k is a kick in the nuts. I suggested giving people 10k per level. Level 50 would get 500k, 100 get 1m. If you think that's too much you are wrong because my inventory is worth well over a mil. There was a lot of time put in over these months...

That would be too insane. 500k is too much and the economy would he fucked from the get go

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 3

Staff has one more issue, sc credits for people who bought them after the 17th, as of right now moat.gg can be sued if they don't address the issue before people request their money back and loses a lot of income.

• Pog Pog x 2

I PERSONALLY feel like a wipe would be the best bet, I know we went through one and people wouldn't like it but again it could be the best option while the server is still kind of fresh since the last one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

37 minutes ago, Papa Bear said:

From the way I see it, the current state of the server has :

• Items completely changed from one item to another
  • talents missing from regular 3 talent items
  • Many planetaries dropped for many people and sold it, thereby deflating the worth of nearly all Planetary items (skin, model, gun, etc)
  • Some players still have items that are completely bugged and unusable (Items with no description)
  • Players are still missing lots of IC that the first bug caused

and many other bugs. 

Now, in my predicament, I have gotten nothing but extreme profit from this bug. My inventory which was worth around ~7mil in IC changed to nearly 20-30mil. And I have guns I spent countless hours and IC on to perfect the best rolls possible.
However, all because I profited and benefitted from the bug doesn't mean the state of the server and community has, and saying that I wouldn't want a wipe would be an extremely selfish choice.
I would want nothing more than this whole thing to be fixed without having to wipe, however it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Yes that recent rollback did fix the EXTREME game breaking state of the server, but thats like essentially putting out a house fire with a cup of water. It did not fix the overall state of the server. Markets are still fucked, players still cant equip certain items, guns are still broken. 
It would be best for all to wipe as soon as possible.

@cole @Jerry take a look at this. 

• Agree Agree x 1

15 minutes ago, Jake0lightning said:

tbh we should wipe it would solve soooooooooo many problems not to mention this shit and yes those weapons have broken stats and moat made a script that bans when u have weapons like this now i say we do a fresh wipe and players get ic depending on previous lvls to purchase creates or weapons so it be better or just give us sc rn its just not fun rn with ppl doing this shit or having broken weapons 

20200325194940_1.jpg

...but...like you said moat made a script that auto bans them if they have the overmaxed bugged weapon....so...? how is "ppl doing this shit or having broken weapons " not fun if that problems already fixed...?

• Agree Agree x 2

5 hours ago, KuroiNeko (◣∀◢)ψ said:

As a person who didn't  get affected by the very first glitch and didn't lose/gain anything this rollback actually set me back to have my original inventory after suffering from the other two glitches (not having anything available from my inventory for good 2 days to having my entire inventory with OP guns) this rollback was a good step even if it took a while to happen  given Moat wanted to avoid a wipe and there is more to fix as there's still glitched guns out there and items people never had (like the t-rex model that still probably exists in bulks which it shouldn't as there was only 1 that ever dropped) 

While a wipe would settle it for good and is the easy option, look at the effort these people put in to AVOID it.

Honestly anyone who cries about the new items/IC/SC they gained while this entire issue was happening is stupid, Everyone knew that something was going to happen whether a ROLLBACK or a WIPE so if people are just gonna sit and cry about how much good stuff they obtained after the glitch and how they want it to be compensated yeah well it ain't gonna happen and that's entirely YOUR OWN fault not the staff or the devs.

For those who still have stuff affected by the first glitch and still haven't regained their original inventory, keep calm it's most likely being in progress and will be completely fixed.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

I just got back my non-broken guns/frying pan/ammo hoarder and you want to just re delete them? Fuck no, a wipe is totally stupid. Personally i hate the economy so it being broken doesnt matter. A roll back is perfect.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 1

If we wipe again and everyone gets their sc back we will have the millions of cosmic tal muts and people with millions of ic bc they spent a shit ton of money and ive spent more time gaining items and i think this is no ones fault but the owners for not having a backup and learning after their first mistake (delete items bug)  and the other bugs why was there no backup and ive spent multiple hundreds of hours and will not play on this server or support it anymore ive dug to many countless hours into this server the wipe will only hurt the server more, just tell people to decon all their glitched items and if they keep them they get banned easy fix without upsetting/ruining the community

2 hours ago, Dakota said:

So do dailies to make money and try to unbox good things. 

That completely ignores the fact that we are trying to give people who put a lot of time into the server over the last 3 months a jump start if we were to wipe. You get what I'm saying? The money IS that jump start. 

• Agree Agree x 1

Just so there is no lack in information, the rollback was set to after the first glitch not before. People still have items that were changed into something else, error items and messed up talented items but not over statted items. There are a few cases of over statted items but they seem to be very rare. At this point in time the only reason to want a wipe is because of the first reason where items changed into others. The other 2 can be fixed and one of them doesnt really need to be. The error items don't break the game, you can't use them. I am talking about the ones that just say "giving m16" with no stats or talents. Those can be fixed by cooe just deleting them from inventories but once again, there is no need to. As for items with broken talents, all it would take is code that force rerolls every stat and talent which is very possible. So once again, the idea is to wipe EVERYBODY is because some people got free items?? If that is the case, where were the cries of a wipe when Leo was spawning in hundreds of planetaries for people? You are setting back people that play this game for fun just because of an issue that affects trading.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Friendly Friendly x 1