Dakota

W1pe or no W1pe?

Feedback Post

14 hours ago, Dakota said:

This just proves my point. Either easy people are gonna be mad.  @cole if he goes through with a wipe,  keep daily or weekly backups from now on and this could potentially never happen again.  The economy is beyond fucked already within hours yet again. 

You keep saying that but have yet to provide any real evidence 

• Friendly Friendly x 2

Also, lets not put each other down guys. No need to insult other people or anything. Lets have an adult conversation about this

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

At first people didn't want a wipe and wanted a rollback it escalated with 2 more glitches over the time and people asked for a wipe now after a week and more of silence from the devs without a single announcement we got a rollback that somewhat brought us back to the initial issue and most can actually play and use their inventories again people still demand a wipe instead of trying to acknowledge the fact that something was done about the issue and there might be further fixes to this that will possibly have a positive effect and everything will go back to what it was before the glitch happened. Instead of jumping the bandwagon of wipe demand wait a bit more.

Sure there is a lack of any communication but it wouldn't hurt anyone to be bit more patient given we got somewhat of a solution towards an actual fix?

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Friendly Friendly x 1

6 minutes ago, KuroiNeko (◣∀◢)ψ said:

At first people didn't want a wipe and wanted a rollback it escalated with 2 more glitches over the time and people asked for a wipe now after a week and more of silence from the devs without a single announcement we got a rollback that somewhat brought us back to the initial issue and most can actually play and use their inventories again people still demand a wipe instead of trying to acknowledge the fact that something was done about the issue and there might be further fixes to this that will possibly have a positive effect and everything will go back to what it was before the glitch happened. Instead of jumping the bandwagon of wipe demand wait a bit more.

Sure there is a lack of any communication but it wouldn't hurt anyone to be bit more patient given we got somewhat of a solution towards an actual fix?

In all honesty, I think the community has been patient enough 😕 but going back to what you said, the
"
issue and most can actually play and use their inventories again people still demand a wipe"
that most is the issue. What about the players who CAN'T actually play because their items are gone or switched?
What good is the community if a part of the community has to play at a disadvantage? 

People did acknowledge that the gamebreaking guns were fixed, and are thankful. However, it still doesnt fix the majority of the problem. 

If there was good communication between the players and cole and jerry, this post wouldn't be up in the first place 😕 

Here's the problem with all of this.

This is not an official poll. It's not made my moat, or jerry, or whatever. Doesn't matter who started it. If it's not by them, it doesn't matter.

The rollback already happened.

There was never going to be a wipe. There is no wipe. No actual problems were solved.

Glitches still exist. Things weren't done.

This is literally doing nothing..

I'm leaving this community. I just.. can't. Not with how good I was doing when I was not on it. I'm.. falling back into old habits. And.. it bothers me.

So I'm leaving.

Bye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Pog Pog x 1

Don’t wipe you lost a good chunk of your player base the first time y’all wiped. The roll back has fucked me out of 3 comics so far why in the hell would you completely wipe the server it will make many people leave the server. 

Literally complaining Andies, I made the original wipe post so let me spray a bit of wisdom.

The main reason myself and a lot of others wanted a wipe was due to the insanely OP Glitched Weapons/Specials that ruined the gameplay, making it truly unplayable. 

Rollback, everything is still playable, some items are fucked for the worse, some got random cosmic or planetary cosmetics. I personally still lost a majority of my Valentine’s weapons, my main gun and a planetary, didn’t gain shit, but this is still a hell of a lot better than a wipe.

so what if some people made a mil or few from this glitch? Have two medicalities on one gun? Does it warrant a wipe? Hell no. The economy isn’t really affected, some players just got lucky over others and got more benefits from the initial glitch than others.

Deal with the situation given to you, make the best of it

• Agree Agree x 2

7 hours ago, Papa Bear said:

I get where your coming from, but

All of these bugs SHOULD be fixed :

• Items that people spent millions of IC and months to reroll have gotten switched to something worse.
  • Error items, for some players, were also really good guns, powerups, models, etc. 

How would cole and jerry reimburse them for that if they dont have proof they owned the gun or item at one point? or is it just gone now cause bad luck for them?

• Messed up talents, yeah they can re-roll but
     mD65VmPh.jpg
    I would be losing a near perfect snowball proc and near perfect dmg. How is that fair to not just me but all other players who spent lots of IC to reroll their guns

No, the bug is setting alot of other players back for no reason. Why should people who got their inventory bugged in a negative way be "set back"? It doesn't just affect trading (which it does in a huge way) but innocent players are getting the short end of the stick for no reason. 
The idea of wiping isn't just because people got free items, just making sure you understand that

Its like i stated before, think about the community as a whole. At least if the server wipe, everyone will start with a fresh plate and unfortunately bugged players won't be in such a disadvantage. Yeah, I'm aware wiping isn't really fair start cause some people donated and other people didn't but still, I think that is better then the alternative cause at least people with SC will still get affected by RNG with crates and not a bug created by the server

Before you say that id like to see you put your money where your mouth is qnd actually play the game without donating a single cent. You make it sound like donating is the same as not donating. Yes its rng based but if you gave someone 5 chances to roll a dice and another person 1 million chances then one would obviously be near garenteed to get something. It doesnt matter about the rng anymore.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

1 hour ago, PhantomVir said:

Before you say that id like to see you put your money where your mouth is qnd actually play the game without donating a single cent. You make it sound like donating is the same as not donating. Yes its rng based but if you gave someone 5 chances to roll a dice and another person 1 million chances then one would obviously be near garenteed to get something. It doesnt matter about the rng anymore.

well i mean, i havnt donated at all post wipe, and this entire time, i got everything without donating at all 😐 
And i understand what you mean, but what can you expect, people who pay money gets an advantage. Its the way moat.gg system is set up. Thats a topic for another time though.

5 hours ago, PhantomVir said:

eh not so much, yes i too have donated a fair amount of money to the server in the past, but i got most of my guns, through grinding, not spending actual money on crates. I had more rng luck on those few 5 crates, than i have on those million crates. Amount of crates doesnt always guarantee you loot. Just sayin.

Sorry to break it to people but your -45 weight and +30% marathon runner isn't exactly fun or fair to play against, especially for new players who are just starting out and who are getting stomped with items that literally aren't meant to exist. 

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 1

Just so there is no lack in information, the rollback was set to after the first glitch not before. People still have items that were changed into something else, error items and messed up talented items but not over statted items. There are a few cases of over statted items but they seem to be very rare. At this point in time the only reason to want a wipe is because of the first reason where items changed into others. The other 2 can be fixed and one of them doesnt really need to be. The error items don't break the game, you can't use them. I am talking about the ones that just say "giving m16" with no stats or talents. Those can be fixed by cooe just deleting them from inventories but once again, there is no need to. As for items with broken talents, all it would take is code that force rerolls every stat and talent which is very possible. So once again, the idea is to wipe EVERYBODY is because some people got free items?? If that is the case, where were the cries of a wipe when Leo was spawning in hundreds of planetaries for people? You are setting back people that play this game for fun just because of an issue that affects trading.

I pushed for a wipe when low went crazy but nobody would listen. 

16 minutes ago, Papa Bear said:

In all honesty, I think the community has been patient enough 😕 but going back to what you said, the
"
issue and most can actually play and use their inventories again people still demand a wipe"
that most is the issue. What about the players who CAN'T actually play because their items are gone or switched?
What good is the community if a part of the community has to play at a disadvantage? 

People did acknowledge that the gamebreaking guns were fixed, and are thankful. However, it still doesnt fix the majority of the problem. 

If there was good communication between the players and cole and jerry, this post wouldn't be up in the first place 😕 

As I stated the issue isn't fixed on 100% and the gameplay is still not back to what it was before the glitch and I do agree there are people who still have lost stuff but going with a wipe right now after a rollback happened would completely negate the effort and purpose of this entire rollback so far, as I stated earlier doing a wipe is the easiest solution to this entire ordeal but at this rate and I agree it most likely should've been done in the first place but they wanted to avoid wiping and while everyone doubted Cole could pull out a rollback he managed to prove everyone wrong while not the perfect situation I think it's a step in the right direction and hopefully will follow up with more reliant and accurate solution to all of this.

Honestly we've waited quite a bit for this rollback in general I can say we could wait a bit more to see if anything else will follow  if not then go on full wipe crusade for all I care.

28 minutes ago, Papa Bear said:

"

There will always be players at disadvantage, remember day 0 of wipe when donators were literally dropping multiple cosmics, meme weapons and rerolling them to near perfection? Before a majority of the players even had a high end. Wiping will always favor donators regardless. Giving someone that was wiped a few thousand ic is nothing compared to a donator basically getting a mil back seconds after a wipe

• Friendly Friendly x 1

4 minutes ago, KuroiNeko (◣∀◢)ψ said:

As I stated the issue isn't fixed on 100% and the gameplay is still not back to what it was before the glitch and I do agree there are people who still have lost stuff but going with a wipe right now after a rollback happened would completely negate the effort and purpose of this entire rollback so far, as I stated earlier doing a wipe is the easiest solution to this entire ordeal but at this rate and I agree it most likely should've been done in the first place but they wanted to avoid wiping and while everyone doubted Cole could pull out a rollback he managed to prove everyone wrong while not the perfect situation I think it's a step in the right direction and hopefully will follow up with more reliant and accurate solution to all of this.

Honestly we've waited quite a bit for this rollback in general I can say we could wait a bit more to see if anything else will follow  if not then go on full wipe crusade for all I care.

False, wipe will be the hardest solution, not the easiest. But I can't disagree with optimism xD 

4 minutes ago, PhantomVir said:

There will always be players at disadvantage, remember day 0 of wipe when donators were literally dropping multiple cosmics, meme weapons and rerolling them to near perfection? Before a majority of the players even had a high end. Wiping will always favor donators regardless. Giving someone that was wiped a few thousand ic is nothing compared to a donator basically getting a mil back seconds after a wipe

But that disadvantage is with RNG, thats not a disadvantage that the server gave them 😕 like i mentioned before :

"Yeah, I'm aware wiping isn't really fair start cause some people donated and other people didn't but still, I think that is better then the alternative cause at least people with SC will still get affected by RNG with crates and not a bug created by the server"

there are players who dropped cosmics, but then there are even MORE players who didn't
(Me 😐  all i dropped was 2 ascendeds out of all my crates from the SC Comp. Keep in mind, i donated over $10k)

Disadvantages from RNG is more palatable because people can't blame it on anyone really and they have choice whether to open crates or not.
Disadvantage from a server bug results in a much more intense response because they have a person to blame for the disadvantage and also was a disadvantage that was out of players hands.

8 hours ago, Mip1mip^ said:

Bro 50k is one day of dailies.... I hit level 100, so 50k is a kick in the nuts. I suggested giving people 10k per level. Level 50 would get 500k, 100 get 1m. If you think that's too much you are wrong because my inventory is worth well over a mil. There was a lot of time put in over these months...

oh hell yeah i would totally settle for 700k... better than what i have right now rofl

I’m new to moat I wasn’t hear  first wipe but I noticed exactly what he said happening when I started playing and for you to take munths of my work away  it’s really heartbreaking  they should just refund sc to those who lost theirs due to rollback not a wipe it’s like killing an ant with a flame thrower it will work but it’s over kill

@cole @Jerry

7 hours ago, Papa Bear said:

From the way I see it, the current state of the server has :

• Items completely changed from one item to another
  • talents missing from regular 3 talent items
  • Many planetaries dropped for many people and sold it, thereby deflating the worth of nearly all Planetary items (skin, model, gun, etc)
  • Some players still have items that are completely bugged and unusable (Items with no description)
  • Players are still missing lots of IC that the first bug caused

and many other bugs. 

Now, in my predicament, I have gotten nothing but extreme profit from this bug. My inventory which was worth around ~7mil in IC changed to nearly 20-30mil. And I have guns I spent countless hours and IC on to perfect the best rolls possible.
However, all because I profited and benefitted from the bug doesn't mean the state of the server and community has, and saying that I wouldn't want a wipe would be an extremely selfish choice.
I would want nothing more than this whole thing to be fixed without having to wipe, however it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Yes that recent rollback did fix the EXTREME game breaking state of the server, but thats like essentially putting out a house fire with a cup of water. It did not fix the overall state of the server. Markets are still fucked, players still cant equip certain items, guns are still broken. 
It would be best for all to wipe as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Dakota said:

No. Wipe= no guns. Give everyone 50 to 100k and obviously comp support credits and be done with it and keep daily or weekly backups 

So you don't want to reward the level 100s any differently than the level 7s for the time they put in over the last months?

Honestly i think that the server should just be wiped yes people have put in a lot of time on the server but in my opinion the roll back didn't really help (me at least) in my opinion the server should just be wiped a fresh start is something that could be bad but at the end of the day the fun is in the journey to getting all the good shit that everyone has

• Funny Funny x 1

Honestly I've had more fun after the wipe then before the wipe, I'm hoping for a wipe because it makes the server feel fresh again and I have to play from the start again

• Disagree Disagree x 1

8 minutes ago, Mip1mip^ said:

Why would you want a wipe? We lost about a week of progress in trading but so what? At least my inventory isn't ruined. Rather be set back to what I had a week ago then be set back to ZERO. We got a bunch of crybabies imo.

Still many glitched items and that makes it unfair

• Agree Agree x 4
  • Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 1

Just now, PhantomVir said:

All that happened was some items turned into others, it doesnt really break gameplay

you right its not unfair ppl got many cosmics. I know of one who got 70+ cosmics. Seems to break gameplay as they are rich

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 1

Just now, M-E-T-A said:

you right its not unfair ppl got many cosmics. I know of one who got 70+ cosmics. Seems to break gameplay as they are rich

Bruh yoy literally got cosmics just for having a standard skin in your inv. Almost everyone got hit by the item swaps. But wiping over something small like that is just dumb. The real problem would arise when people got cosmic and planetary guns which to my knowledge not very many did

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 5

2 minutes ago, Zenotix said:

My inventory was not effected by the rollback at all , everything is still as broken as it was before as I was not effected by the 2nd (bug that made guns op) nor 3rd (loadout deletion) bugs , just the 1st bug that destroyed talents , stats , talent%

Weird.  I literally have 5 or so cosmic skins in my inventory that shouldn't be there and my talents are fucked up and have a few guns I didnt have before.