Jump to content
  • -14
_y33t

Crazy Idea - Regular Wipes (hear me out here)

Feedback Post

OK, so I know it sounds a little weird, but I believe that regular wipes, in intervals of a few months-maybe half a year could help this community out. To balance the fact that there would be wipes, drop rates would be increased substantially (but within reason). I believe that a regular wipe schedule, similar to games such as Rust or Escape From Tarkov, would help bring in new players, as it would be considerably easier to catch up in "power" to other players. It would also regulate the economy; if there were any glitches with inventories or IC, it would all be fixed relatively soon, and I feel like it wouldn't just be wealthy players controlling the economy all the time. Also, I believe that regular wipes could be a refresher to older players, as I have found myself lacking an interest in the server after I have already acquired the good weapons that I have been grinding for. The regular wipes could fix this, by allowing there to always be something to chase, as you would be being reset, adding more incentive to play the game. Obviously this opinion/idea will spark some controversy, so please respond with how you feel about this, if you agree or disagree and why, and also let me know if you think i missed anything that would be crucial to a regular wipe system.

Edit: There would be some sort of way to "purchase" boosts or something similar to give you head starts or permanent boosts in following wipes (with what you earned in the wipe)

Edited by ⌠DC⌡ _y33t™ (see edit history)
  • Agree x 4
  • Disagree x 21
  • Funny x 1
  • Zing x 1
  • Pog x 1

Share this post


Link to post

Recommended Posts

  • 2

Well a lot of folks definitely seem to disagree. I for one have mixed opinions about this, but I applaud you for speaking out about it. My father is an avid Rust player, and he seems to enjoy it a lot. After the wipe, he just gets back on and does everything over again. I wouldn't like to be wiped all the time, but maybe every few months or so(two, maybe three?) would be alright with me. At least, until we get the whole communication/glitch thing sorted out. The main problem is that people who are on top don't want to lose their stuff, they've grinded for it, and feel obligated to have that. I suggest having split servers. Half the normal servers use a built-up inventory, and the other half has regular wipes, so that folks who want something new can go and do that, but for others who want a sort of ranked system, can play that as well. 

If y'all do disagree, please add your opinions on this. It's good for everyone to hear what the people want. Sure, not much can be done without Cole, who seems to be lacking in listening to feedback from us, but together we can work on making a better server for everyone. 

Edited by Bawbles (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 3

Share this post


Link to post
  • 2
3 hours ago, Bawbles said:

Well a lot of folks definitely seem to disagree. I for one have mixed opinions about this, but I applaud you for speaking out about it. My father is an avid Rust player, and he seems to enjoy it a lot. After the wipe, he just gets back on and does everything over again. I wouldn't like to be wiped all the time, but maybe every few months or so(two, maybe three?) would be alright with me. At least, until we get the whole communication/glitch thing sorted out. The main problem is that people who are on top don't want to lose their stuff, they've grinded for it, and feel obligated to have that. I suggest having split servers. Half the normal servers use a built-up inventory, and the other half has regular wipes, so that folks who want something new can go and do that, but for others who want a sort of ranked system, can play that as well. 

If y'all do disagree, please add your opinions on this. It's good for everyone to hear what the people want. Sure, not much can be done without Cole, who seems to be lacking in listening to feedback from us, but together we can work on making a better server for everyone. 

you know the main reason they wipe Rust servers regularly is because all the player built structures and items lag the server. In all honesty, I dont think regular wiping is a good thing at all.
Players wont be rewarded in anyway for staying with the server for a long time, so i think Moat will lose a good chunk of their player base periodically. In general, i dont think this is a good idea

  • Agree Agree x 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

I think what they should do is get half of the server to 'half wipe' such as on some servers you still have your stuff but on other there would be none such as if it had a wipe and level restricting server is good for the newcomers such as there easily used for stuff they don't know about

  • Useful Useful x 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

every map switch players have a 50% chance to get wiped so it will be balanced

  • Disagree Disagree x 3
  • Funny Funny x 2
  • Artistic Artistic x 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I would like some feedback on why this idea is disliked, instead of everyone just downvoting and making jokes.

  • Winner Winner x 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This sounds like you want to crash the economy as people will just have to spend hundreds of dollars every few years on SC and VIP.

  • Agree Agree x 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

 

Read this. Instead of wipes, how about an economy reset? Lock all items for trade. Resets economy, people keep their items.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Like @Papa Bear said earlier, I don't think many people would really like this at all because it just removes any incentive to build up an inventory in the first place. Games like rust can do with a wipe because you can rebuild what you once had and acquire the same things you had before, but there's no guarantee that someone who gets wiped here will ever be able to obtain another lightsaber/planetary (anything that's typically rare). Why would I pour hours into the server if I knew all of my progress was going to disappear within the coming months? I would just be screwed over if I decide to take a break and happen to come back not long before the next wipe happens. 

  • Useful Useful x 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, brandontank2 said:

Like @Papa Bear said earlier, I don't think many people would really like this at all because it just removes any incentive to build up an inventory in the first place. Games like rust can do with a wipe because you can rebuild what you once had and acquire the same things you had before, but there's no guarantee that someone who gets wiped here will ever be able to obtain another lightsaber/planetary (anything that's typically rare). Why would I pour hours into the server if I knew all of my progress was going to disappear within the coming months? I would just be screwed over if I decide to take a break and happen to come back not long before the next wipe happens. 

my solution to this was that drop rates would be dramatically increased, thus increasing your chance to either drop one yourself, or lowering the prices of said items so that if you are unlucky with drops (like myself), you can grind up enough money fairly quickly to re-obtain said items

  • Agree Agree x 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
7 hours ago, Bawbles said:

Well a lot of folks definitely seem to disagree. I for one have mixed opinions about this, but I applaud you for speaking out about it. My father is an avid Rust player, and he seems to enjoy it a lot. After the wipe, he just gets back on and does everything over again. I wouldn't like to be wiped all the time, but maybe every few months or so(two, maybe three?) would be alright with me. At least, until we get the whole communication/glitch thing sorted out. The main problem is that people who are on top don't want to lose their stuff, they've grinded for it, and feel obligated to have that. I suggest having split servers. Half the normal servers use a built-up inventory, and the other half has regular wipes, so that folks who want something new can go and do that, but for others who want a sort of ranked system, can play that as well. 

If y'all do disagree, please add your opinions on this. It's good for everyone to hear what the people want. Sure, not much can be done without Cole, who seems to be lacking in listening to feedback from us, but together we can work on making a better server for everyone. 

I am one of those players who grind for hours on end to build up their inventory, i have dropped maybe 3 ascendeds, and currently have 2 bbfs, a planetary peacekeeper, and an iron man model. To combat losing your stuff regularly, drop rates would be increased, dropping the prices of items, and raising your chance to drop them yourself. I just feel like people who grind for hours on end have way too much of an edge over casual players in the server's current state, im not saying remove that edge completely, but definitely reduce it, because right now high leveled players who has 30+ days in game hours just dominate servers, and I believe that it would suck some of the fun out of the game for newer players, and dissuade them from joining back again.

  • Agree Agree x 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Void Gaming said:

This sounds like you want to crash the economy as people will just have to spend hundreds of dollars every few years on SC and VIP.

as with previous wipes, sc and vip would retain through wipes

there has to be some benefit to spending money on this server

Edited by ⌠DC⌡ _y33t™ (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a new public comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Viewing Now   0 members

    Guest

×
×
  • Create New...