Wendy

An Actual Solution

Feedback Post

So.

I took a good break from MG hoping that this inventory nonsense would get sorted out.

It didn't lol.

After being on this server for nearly 3 years, I come with a solution and some ideas on how to alleviate some of the grievances on the server. Notice I said some, not all. Half of the community wants a wipe (cares for the longevity of the server or has been negatively affected by the wipe and wants everyone to fall to their levels) and the other don't (cares for the longevity of the server and doesn't want to lose their cool, shiny pixels). There is really only two opinions on this. It's been put to a vote and honestly, acting on a vote split almost so evenly would not be the best of decisions.

My initial thoughts on playing are as the following:

- Glitched items (items that should not exist under any means) are broken and either are unusable, eyesores or overpowered.

- There is a massive economy shift. With the influx of ♥♥♥♥ tons of Cosmics and whatnot, some players are richer than Jeff ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Bezos.

- A wipe would kill a good chunk of the playerbase; people already quit from the first wipe, doing it again not only goes back on the word of Moat and the staff but also would discourage old players from playing again. (There is no doubt that new players will take their place as its been done and done again.)

- Not wiping, or removing the glitched items (which we will get into) will discourage people from playing because of the huge imbalances.

Here is my solution. But understand this:

What's the point of letting us all lose all our items when we can possibly keep some? 

Get rid of every glitched item. The "T-Rex Modwl" is a prime example. Implement a system that targets the most frequent glitched items and remove them. The most abundant ones seem to be the "T-Rex Modwl" and guns with Speedforce as a T1 talent. I don't know how to code, but it should be possible to remove them. If not, give staff the ability to peek into inventories to check for these glitched items. When a staff member gets on a server, along with their RDM report duties, their secondary duty should be to try to peek into every players inventories, flag that they have a glitched item and add them to a list of players. Those on this list will be forced to deconstruct their item or have it removed by upper staff. Staff peeking into inventories will not have the ability to edit them. I'm sure this is also possible, if not- oh well.

Lock inventories. Make it so every item is untradeable. I know, this is the new controversy we must decide on. Instead of wiping everyone and removing their items, why not LOCK inventories instead? All current items, now being untradeable will be effectively removed from the economy. This is an excellent middle ground for those who want a wipe and those who do not. Those who do not want a wipe, keep their items, and those who do want a wipe get the benefit of not having circulation of glitched items. 

If we really want to take this to another level, why not make a mandatory inventory lock every 3 months? This way, the same gun isn't in rotation and players will be forced to search for new exciting guns. This for all intents and purposes will reset the economy without damaging the playerbase, you can't be jealous of someone with 30 cosmics if none of them can be traded. We need some sort of reset, and everyone can agree on that if we want the server to survive.

Please leave feedback, we need this to be rectified as soon as possible. Either way you look at it, #1 priority needs to be removing glitched items. They WILL kill the game. 

Will add nice, fancy colors like I always do later. Too lazy rn.

Also for clarification, when I mean glitched I mean items like these:

T9y1Rs1.jpg

or

unknown.png

This cannot be normally obtained. This is glitched.

If you had a High-End skin that turned into a Cosmic like this:

NCl9R9W.jpg

I say, keep it. It can be normally obtained.

Edited by Wendy (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 6
  • Disagree Disagree x 5

Make it so it rerolls guns with speedforce as t1 tal or just leave it, its not the op. Change trex model into a special model crate that has high chances.

DO NOT MAKE ♥♥♥♥ UNTRADEABLE THAT RUINS THE POINT OF THE INV FOR ME IMO

Edited by M-E-T-A (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 2

4 minutes ago, M-E-T-A said:

Make it so it rerolls guns with speedforce as t1 tal or just leave it, its not the op. Change trex model into a special model crate that has high chances.

DO NOT MAKE ♥♥♥♥ UNTRADEABLE THAT RUINS THE POINT OF THE INV FOR ME IMO

I agree with making Speedforce roll as T1; it honestly doesn't matter too much if it's T1 or T2. Changing the T-Rex models means that the people (or person) that got it legit, can't have it. Getting rid of it is probably the best bet and making a new crate doesn't seem plausible.

Making everything untradeable resets economy. Would you rather lose your items, or have everything untradeable? To clarify, the CURRENT items become untradeable, not items obtained after. 

• Agree Agree x 1

4 minutes ago, -=Erissa=- Chicken Hawk moat.gg said:

F to the staff having to scroll through inventories.

That's why I said make it a secondary goal. Something you do on the side. It should take 2 minutes to look through someones inventory. Maybe not even that long and if you do it once on a player, they are fine and don't need to be searched again. Giving staff the ability to assign a checkmark to their scoreboard tag could be an easy way to see who needs to be checked and who has already.

Honestly, this is a brainstorm. I don't want another wipe because I don't think the server could survive it (and I also don't want to grind to be 100 again, inventory idc tbh).

• Agree Agree x 1

2 hours ago, Wendy said:

Get rid of every glitched item. .. The most abundant ones seem to be the "T-Rex Modwl" and guns with Speedforce as a T1 talent.

The speedforce talent was actually guns with Trigger. I have over 50 guns like this because trigger/vamp is my favorite combo. I spent millions of IC on Valentines crates trying to get weapons with my favorite Trigger/Vampiric and eventualy unboxed many guns with this combo. By deleting guns with these talents, half of my inventory would get wiped. Screw that.

Edited by DarkNight (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

This "fix" would be a wipe for me and many other players, personally, every item in my inventory (aside from the ones that I had  in my loadout on that fated day), were glitched and would be deleted in your "fix", also locking the inventory doesn't really fix the problem of some of these overpowered weapons dominating servers constantly. I feel like we either need a fresh wipe, and cole needs to get his ♥♥♥♥ together so that this doesn't happen again, or some other fix that doesn't screw over half the population and benefit the other half needs to be formulated.

• Agree Agree x 1

15 hours ago, Wendy said:

That's why I said make it a secondary goal. Something you do on the side. It should take 2 minutes to look through someones inventory. Maybe not even that long and if you do it once on a player, they are fine and don't need to be searched again. Giving staff the ability to assign a checkmark to their scoreboard tag could be an easy way to see who needs to be checked and who has already.

The real problem with this.. there is barely enough staff to handle reports.. lets add scrolling through hundreds of inventories daily.

Not feasible. /shrug

I mean.. what happens if staff doesn't want to do this additional job.. 

11 hours ago, -=Erissa=- Chicken Hawk moat.gg said:

The real problem with this.. there is barely enough staff to handle reports.. lets add scrolling through hundreds of inventories daily.

Not feasible. /shrug

I mean.. what happens if staff doesn't want to do this additional job.. 

They don't need to. If it takes 30 seconds to do it, they can do it midround if there is no reports. Its supposed to be a passive thing. Think. One staff member could do all the players on a server. Then in an hour, players that joined and exclude first-comers. It wouldn't be hard at all. One person could do the entire server in a day if they sat down. 

Honestly, Id offer to do it.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:20 PM, ⌠DC⌡ _y33t™ said:

This "fix" would be a wipe for me and many other players, personally, every item in my inventory (aside from the ones that I had  in my loadout on that fated day), were glitched and would be deleted in your "fix", also locking the inventory doesn't really fix the problem of some of these overpowered weapons dominating servers constantly. I feel like we either need a fresh wipe, and cole needs to get his ♥♥♥♥ together so that this doesn't happen again, or some other fix that doesn't screw over half the population and benefit the other half needs to be formulated.

Yes, it would. But if it can be fixed either way, what's the point of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ everyone? At least you keep SOME items, your IC and level. You don't need to wipe all. I got semi-cucked too, but I don't see in cucking everyone out of their inventories.

There is no easy answer, its literally what could please the majority and not upset the minority too much.

Notice how the ONLY counterargument to this is:

"But I won't have my guns anymore."

Or something like that.

If we get wiped, we ALL lose our ♥♥♥♥. And if we do get wiped we ACTUALLY lose ALL. At least you KEEP SOME with my suggestion.

Think past yourself for this, do you want EVERYONE to stoop to your level or do you want to keep the server alive so you can actually play on it? What's the point of killing the server just to start fresh?

I agree. I was once part of a DarkRP staff, and we were wiped without being told. I lost literally MILLIONS. I wish that they did have that option to save a few items.

1 hour ago, Wendy said:

They don't need to. If it takes 30 seconds to do it, they can do it midround if there is no reports. Its supposed to be a passive thing. Think. One staff member could do all the players on a server. Then in an hour, players that joined and exclude first-comers. It wouldn't be hard at all. One person could do the entire server in a day if they sat down. 

Honestly, Id offer to do it.

Most staff already have to hop server to server to handle reports.. their primary job.

/shrug

Now that inventories were set back, honestly even tho a lot of my guns got a lil messed up with talents, its not actually making me play worse or anything. I have yet to come across someone with an actually broken, unfair gun. The ones that had negative RPM and such aren't a thing anymore, and things are much more balanced. I can at least appreciate that moat is sticking by his word of never wiping or doing anything huge with inventories that'll lead to the playerbase leaving. If he can push out a fix to these broken talent guns (Or like my planet pk, which only has 3 talents now) then things'll be back to normal.

• Agree Agree x 1