PhantomVir

Moat Gaming Beta Concepts

Feedback Post

Hello!

Welcome to my long time coming mega thread. The following are less of suggestions and more of concepts that may bring a breath of life to a new age of Moat Gaming. Some of which are refinements of my old suggestions and other suggestions from others. There is going to be a lot here so below will be an index, look for red markers to see which section is which.

• General Gameplay
  • IC Income
  • Weapon Loyalty
  • Anonymous Trading
  • New Content
  • Moat Anniversary
  • Weapon Balancing
  • Votekicking and Credible Club

General Gameplay

The general gameplay of Moat could use some touching up in a few areas. I have grouped concepts to earn IC, a system that rewards people for using their prefered guns, and a way to assist in healthy trading. Once again before I continue everything past this point are just concepts and not full blown suggestions. Community feed back on any point here is highly encouraged, 

IC Income

Put your shoes into those of a new player, You just join this cool TTT server, you get some items, and notice you can buy crates. Then a question comes to mind, "How do I get IC?" At this current time you have 3 options to earn IC. Farm daliles each day, farm items to deconstruct, or gamble. There choices aren't the best and I have 2 ideas that could alleviate this. The first one is simple, Secret Dailies . Each day add 1 more daily into the rotation but have it be hidden, yet feasible enough that someone could complete in on  accident. This encourages the finder to tell people what daily it is and have that information spread mouth to mouth. The playerbase will either co-operate or lie to eachother, it would be an interesting dynamic. Make the reward like 10k and high end. 

The second one is a bit more advanced, but doesn't have a tab in inventory. We can call them Commissions for now. How it would work is a permanent and consistent way to farm IC, what would happen is if you decon an ascended or above item and get IC from it, you also get a commission token for that specific gun. The commission token when equipped will give you 20-100 IC per kill you get with that gun. So for example if you deconstruct a Cheng Feng, you WILL drop a CF05 commission token as long as you did not drop a mutator. Every kill you get with a CF05 regardless of tier when you equip it will give you a random amount of IC between the parameter. This is beneficial because if you want to farm for IC, you have no reason to use random guns other than the ones specified in the dailies. This gives players an opportunity to use the gun they want with no downside while not introducing too much IC into the economy as this pays out less than the bounties. 

Weapon Loyalty 

Following up on the commission tokens is another reward to people that would rather just use the guns they want, I have 2 concepts. The first one being simply getting a free un-tradable name mutator if you get a gun to level 50. It's simple and elegant, name mutators are scarce and have been frequently asked to have new way to get them. If you use a gun enough to get it to a level like 50 then I feel you should have, at the very least, the opportunity to name it. I'm sure a huge chunk of the community would enjoy something like this.

This one will require a bit of explaining. I won't give the reasoning behind this specific concept but please consider it in detail. Here's how it would work. When you decon a high end or above weapon you will have an increasing chance of getting an Augment Token. Like the commission tokens, they are weapon specific and when you use or equip it your next ascended or higher drop is guaranteed to be that gun unless it's a cosmetic or etc. However, you can't use the same token twice in a row, this is to prevent people from farming a certain gun drop. As for how it specifically would work to prevent messing with the drop code is it would augment the gun AFTER you receive it. So for example if you get an M16 augment token and use or equip it (which ever is better) then the next time you receive an ascended, cosmic or planetary gun. You will receive it then the the game would check if you have an active token and switch the gun out for another one in its category. If you get a saintlike sniper, it will add it to your inventory then change into a cloudless M16 basically. The caveat is that the talents don't change with the gun. So if you get  really good AK47 and it swaps into a bad M16, then you will be out of luck. 

Anonymous Trading

It's not as bad as it seems at first glance. This isn't full blown anonymous trading as that would undoubtedly be the wasteland of scamming, rather this is just a way to have healthy trading. Add an option for people to appear anonymous when they send a trade. I'm sure everyone is aware of a few of the biases when trading. This just gives everyone an opportunity  to have no biases. Of course have an option to block trades from anonymous people and they would appear normally in trade logs. As well as have people that try to deceive others while trading be punished accordingly. 

New Content

This is where my old suggestions come in. Here's a link to an old suggestion I made pertaining to a possible new crate that could be added.

Basically a place holder crate that the developers have free reign to slot in any new content but not a huge event or what not. Maybe some of the cosmetics that were teased a long time ago or a new cosmic model. Who knows.

Another thing Moat could benefit from is actual new guns. Something to make the game feel fresh. Like 1 new gun for each category, there has been a ton of good suggestions that you could pick from. There are even un-used guns in the server that you can still use incredibly. If you start a TDM you have an option to pick a "USP" for secondary, it's quite an interesting gun. Regardless, have something new for players to unbox would be fun for everyone.

Moat Anniversary

Moat's TTT servers have been up for around  4 years, and we have not really celebrated this fact other than the a few small things. If Moat beta is launched then an event to reward the players is long time overdue. Maybe a new celebratory event or perhaps... a memorial crate? Some people are still trickling in upset about the reset so having something to appease those that don't want to restart may also bring in more active players. It's also a good time to have some fun with the current toxicity in the game.

Weapon Balancing

Moat discord needs a much better way to bring up balance changes. It's mostly filled with contrasting voice and some people memeing. There's no agency and it just takes 1 person to suggest a bad change. My concept involves locking the stat change channels and in the poll channel have a random poll for a random set of guns every other week asking if we want it buffed or changed. Then another poll for each stat if the majority is yes. Or have a round table of people to vote for the community for which items. 

Votekicking and Credible Club

One of the most important things for last is a reform to the votekicking system. People will defend it and say it's not broken, it's people that abuse it. But you shouldn't realistically have a system in place that can be abused anyways. So here's my idea. Bring back Credible club or a different role. And have them be a barrier from vote kicks. While a Credible Club member is in a server, all votekicks will be blocked and only they can votekick. This will bring down the amount of votekick abuse reports, bring down the amount of false votekicks and make the accountability for false votekicks mainly to the small percentage of people that apply and get credible club. No longer will it be a useless role or a stepping stone to staff. Have the requirements be  akin to never been warned for false VK, required playtime etc. 

Thats it! I hope you enjoyed reading these concepts. What do you feel about them? I personally hope we may see additions like these down the line.

• Agree Agree x 8
  • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

"The commission token when equipped will give you 20-100 IC per kill you get with that gun."
More op weapon spam possibly, otherwise great idea - also would this go in the power-up slot or another slot added for these tokens (commission token and augment token).

22 minutes ago, Glubman424 said:

"The commission token when equipped will give you 20-100 IC per kill you get with that gun."
More op weapon spam possibly, otherwise great idea - also would this go in the power-up slot or another slot added for these tokens (commission token and augment token).

It does need a bit of tweaking. To a normal person this is a nice small source of income but to a veteran you would average about 10k each day.  But really, thats not so bad if they would probably use the gun anyways. As for what slotnit would go in. Probably have a slot for both the tokens and you would have to choose wether to use the augment or the commission token. Then again you could always just swap them out if you intend to unbox. Balance wise I don't see a problem with them sharing a slot, but I can't see the commission token be a power up. Make a new slot for just them and any other token you could make in the future seems best.

1. Rewarding players with using preferred weapons just seems like rewarding players who use their best weapons rather than levelling up weapons and doing dailies, it might make it harder for new or regular players

2. Hidden dailies are an alright idea, don't see how they'll help new players since they could just do the normal dailies anyway - also 10k and a high-end is too much, I could understand 5k and 1/2 a chance at a high-end

3. the name mutator idea is pretty good but the Augment token idea is too complex

4. Anonymous trading is a solid idea

5. There are a few new gun ideas already having been made, but adding good, balanced weapons isn't easy and takes time. Just remember when they added the VSS, Scorpion and Slog (or Slug before the change)

7. Anniversary crates, good idea 

8. Weapon balancing seems alright but it's a case of how will we understand what and use others opinions on what should be changed

9. If we bring a role that has to do with votekicking, I'd suggest we make the requirements be something along the lines of being tied to Rank, in-game playtime and level. It's also a case of whether or not we want proof of the person doing what they were votekicked for

I like the 20-100 ic per weapon kill, reminds me of doing the contract. 300 kills will usually lot you the win when it's a weapon contract, and the reward is 10k IC, an Ascended item and an event credit. This is about 35k worth of IC, which is like getting 350 kills with your weapon (assuming you got the 100 ic per weapon kill). Since you can choose your weapon, instead of just using the weapon that the contract has chosen, this feels like a good idea for player freedom and still players being able to gain IC. 

The name mutator at level 50 is a great idea, that way you don't earn money from it, neither do you need to spend money on the name mutator. Level 50 requires a bit of dedication, and since there are no other level rewards on guns except for crates, I think that this is a good idea.

The augment idea, I really like it and think it is really cool, but there are some problems with it. If you have a BWF (Bond's Worst Friend), decon it, get a Golden Revolver (or whatever the real name for it is) Augment Token, use it, and get like a high end Golden Revoler, it would feel really weird. Maybe make it so that you can't get the augment token from unique weapons? Might be a bit complicated, but I wouldn't say that is necessarily a bad thing.

Anonymous trading could be a good idea, as long as you implement ways  to prevent scamming and such. Trade logs will be available for staff to look through maybe, so that they know who traded what. 

New guns good idea, adding the memorial crates, great ideas, nothing to comment about it.

Random polls for guns is a good idea, adds fun + easier balancing and such. 

Another role for VK things seems good. 

I like the commission token idea but maybe have it max out at 10k, making you get another one before you can start to get ic again. 

The one thing I'm very passionate about is the weapon balancing. In the past, I suggested we get a group of like 5-10 people who understand weapon balance to suggest changes to moat that are fair and unbiased. This received a ton of positive feedback (35-40 upvotes in the old suggestions channel) and I think with the right group of people it could be done effectively and efficiently.

• Agree Agree x 1

12 hours ago, PhantomVir said:

the first one being simply getting a free un-tradable name mutator

Devalues the actual Name Mutator. There was a suggestion a year or so ago for when a gun gets to level 100 you could unlock a visual effect (similar to Tesla for a player) but I believe that was shot down as there are Planetary Effects (and their associated tint/paint)

Augment Token.

This sounds like a coding nightmare for one. And a way to break RNG Gun Drops. So decon a high end M4, get a M4 Token.. use it.. my next Ascended or higher is a better M4.. Same with Aug/552/Mp5G/M16 - This would just lead to flooding the market.

Just think.. A raginator dropping a 357 Token into a BWF. Ez profits.

Anonymous Trading

And when some lvl 12 gets scammed out of a planetary by an anonymous scammer.. how would that report go?

Not to mention if both players start doing prank trades just to cause chaos. 

Or if someone knows they are about to get wiped. so they Anonymous trade off their items to another Anonymous player to avoid the wipe.

Moat Anniversary

and

New Content

IMO - Release the CopyCats/Wilds/Wildcard/Boston crates

Weapon Balancing

This is going to be an issue. You get the VSS buffed to ♥♥♥ tier.. and a few months later gets nerfed to worse than before. Basically boils down to Drastic Changes

PK's were a good example of how to roll out weapon balancing. They were 3 round burst, usable, but didn't compare to full auto weapons.. then they went full auto (but still sucked rpm wise to other guns) then ♥♥♥ Tier RPM and Dmg - they out scaled every other gun, nerfed a little to where they are now - a little over tweaked - easily discernible with the right player, and now its being discussed to go full VSS level nerfing with it.

Changes should be small and field tested. Don't change every little thing on a gun, or one thing drastically.

Secret Dailies

This would be cool. Would there be a little message at the end of round telling you if you got a point towards it?

For example like the weapon daily, when you get a kill with the weapon at the end of the round the message comes up saying you got 3/60 or w/e towards that weapon.

So that way it would be something like 'You are 2/10 towards the Secret Daily.'

That way its still somewhat unclear what you accomplished.. but you see you are making some progress.

Oh and have it like the Contract.. where the first player gets an ascended, etc. So the first 5-10 players to complete the secret daily get an ascended etc.

Commissions for now. How it would work is a permanent and consistent way to farm IC

I like and dislike this idea.. It wouldn't help the new players as much as it would the more veterans. You have some veterans who on average get 8+ kills per T round with pretty much an average weapon. I like it cause it would benefit me.. I dislike it cause it wouldn't benefit some of the target players you think it would.

Credible club

This has been brought up several times and I think it both deserves and has its own suggestion thread.