CrustyTheMoist

[Guide Event] What makes a gun favorable?

Posted (edited)

This guide will help go what perks, stats, and talents are the most favorable on guns. This will help you get a general understanding of what guns are worth your time. 

One thing a lot of people ask, especially with powerups, is what is the highest and lowest percentage they can have? Well, you can hover over an item or weapon and hold control (ctrl) to see the minimum and maximum percentages that a stat or talent can roll. There is also a small chance for you to completely miss out on a stat, and not get any buffs towards it at all. This is known as a missing stat, and it can severely affect the price of a gun depending on which one is missing. We will get into this in a moment. Below are the different stat percentages for high ends and above. Exceptions to these stats are meme weapons, uniques, and certain event items. Below are all the stat percentages for each favorable tier to save you some time. Some guns like harmful, rapid, or precise are lower than high end, but its only those prefixes that people seek out, not the entire rarity, thats why lower rarities are not listed here.

High End:
Damage (DMG): 11% to 19%

Fire rate (RPM): 11% to 19%

Mag: Dependent on the weapon, varies.

Accuracy: 11% to 19%

Kick: -11% to -19%

Range: 16% to 24%

Weight (How much faster you move when holding the weapon, less weight is better):  -3% to -7%

Ascended:

Damage (DMG): 14% to 23%

Fire rate (RPM): 14% to 23%

Accuracy: 14% to 23%

Kick: -14% to -23%

Range: 19% to 28%

Weight:  -4% to -7%

Cosmic:

Damage (DMG): 17% to 28%

Fire rate (RPM): 17% to 28%

Accuracy: 17% to 28%

Kick: -17% to -28%

Range: 23% to 33%

Weight:  -5% to -7%

Planetary

Damage (DMG): 17% to 28%

Fire rate (RPM): 17% to 28%

Accuracy: 17% to 28%

Kick:-17% to -28%

Range: 23% to 33%

Weight:  -5% to -7%
(It's the same as cosmic, if that is too hard to read^)

Now, what stats are the most important on a gun? Damage and RPM are hands down the two most important stats on a weapon. Missing one of those two stats severely cripples the effectiveness of your gun. Weight and mag are also considered very important by the majority of players. Being able to get in and get out is almost crucial as a traitor, and having the ammo to wipe out a group of innocents is important as well. Kick is probably the least important stat, as the player can easily compensate for the extra kick, but they can’t compensate for other missing stats.

Now, for talents. What talents are the best for each tier, what talents are middle of the road, and what talents should you try to avoid at all costs? I will be excluding event talents for the time being (such as snowball, copycat, and wildcard.) As they aren’t common talents to come across. For the most part, wild!, snowball, and copycat are expensive, and probably the best out of the exclusive talents.

High Tier Talents (Across the board, considered the best talents in the game for most weapons):

Tier 1:

Trigger

Focus

Brutality (Dependant on the gun, some guns do not need it if they can already 2/1 tap head)

Feather

Tier 2:

Rick Ross

Los panchos

Vampiric

Sustained

Zombie

Heavy

BOOM

Refilling

Tier 3:

Lich

Electricity

Phoenix

Debility

Mid Tier Talents (Not as favorable as high tier, but not essentially useless):

Tier 1:

Steroids

Fracture

Depression (Not as useful as other mid tier talents, but not bad enough to be low tier)

Penetration

Power (Not as useful as other mid tier talents, but not bad enough to be low tier)

Tier 2:

Speedforce

Meticulous (lower than heavy purely for the fact that it has a chance of refilling your gun, and its not a guaranteed buff like heavy. Can be interchanged from tier 1 and tier 2 depending on the person)

Infra-sight (Fantastic for stalker rounds, mediocre for everything else)

Stability

Medicality

Fortification

Tier 3:

Contagious

Frost

Low Tier Talents (Literal doodoo water):

Tier 1:

Bompton

Despair

Tier 2:

Visionary

Vulture

Prepared

Neighborhood

Tier 3:

DRAGON

Newton

Top tier talents, such as focus, sustained, and lich will substantially increase the price of your gun, especially if it has good stats. A lot of people look for at least one healing talent on a gun, so having a healing talent of any kind is a major plus. ♥♥♥ tier guns usually have trigger or focus as their tier 1 talents. Sustained, vampiric, or zombie as their tier 2 talents, and lich,  electricity, or phoenix as their tier 3 talents. If your gun has good stats, 3 of the high tier talents, you have a pretty expensive gun on your hands, especially if its a cosmic or ascended.

Some talents are a lot less effective on slower firing weapons, like deagles and snipers. For example, vampiric and refilling wont be nearly as good on a rifle as it would a ump, so you should aim for sustained or zombie, which don't have a proc percentage and are guaranteed on kill. It's also important to note the majority of talents can roll low, and even a low rolled high tier talent can be considered a downside. Having sustained that will only heal you for 15 is considered bad and requires a reroll. Not every gun will be good purely because they have high tier talents on them, those talents have to be rolled high to be considered ♥♥♥ tier, same with the stats. 

Edited by CrustyTheMoist
Fixed some mistakes, added clarification. Removed color code (see edit history)
  • Informative Informative x 4
  • Useful Useful x 1

21 minutes ago, Stevenfinite said:

Dang, this looks good. Not sure I can top this.

I'm possibly going to work on another, maybe regarding the market or discussing meme weapons

by the stuff you listed my horrible mac 10 te thats a cosmic has 3 of your "♥♥♥ tier" talents and good stats why is it only worth 400 - 500k not "expensive"?

50 minutes ago, Supermaneater said:

Someone Should use eagle video guide on how to make ic and use that to win

sadly only 1 of the moat.gg tutorial videos  by eagle is public and unedited

11 hours ago, Forsty Snowman said:

by the stuff you listed my horrible mac 10 te thats a cosmic has 3 of your "♥♥♥ tier" talents and good stats why is it only worth 400 - 500k not "expensive"?

400-500k is pretty good for a cosmic, its just that mac10 TE isn't the most favorable gun.
I can guarantee if it was something like a galil, aug, or m16 it would be worth much more.

Edited by CrustyTheMoist (see edit history)

11 hours ago, nashradical said:

bruuuuh why is bompton low tier why is debility and frost low tier I don't like this

Bompton is situational and isn't constantly beneficial to your gun.
Frost is low tier as its considered the worst out of the tier 3's, low damage, slow damage times, and a mediocre effect. Debility is mid tier because its not as favorable as the other tier 3's, but still plenty viable. Mid tier doesn't exactly mean its bad, it just isn't the best of the best.

11 hours ago, Cool Mexican said:

Meti > Heavy

Perhaps, the only difference is that heavy is constant, meticulous is chance. If you don't roll a good meticulous on your gun, you may not see that effect kick in for an entire round. It really comes down to preference.

1 hour ago, CrustyTheMoist said:

Perhaps, the only difference is that heavy is constant, meticulous is chance. If you don't roll a good meticulous on your gun, you may not see that effect kick in for an entire round. It really comes down to preference.

That applies to every talent tho if u don’t roll a good one even if it’s trig it will be dogshit

♥♥♥♥ nicely done with this list, I'm gonna bookmark it when I start rerolling my guns 

• Friendly Friendly x 1

51 minutes ago, Cool Mexican said:

That applies to every talent tho if u don’t roll a good one even if it’s trig it will be dogshit

Yes, it does, but even a low rolled trig is still considered favorable over something else rolled low.
Thats a good point you made, but its still a point to consider that a high rolled meticulous is only a chance, while a high rolled (or low rolled) heavy will always be a constant buff to your gun.

Going over percentages would just make this list too long. A low rolled trig would be considered worse than a high rolled steroids maybe, but a low rolled centermass (if it makes a gun take less bullets to kill, like 5 shots to 4 shots) would be considered better than a high rolled steroids in that scenario. It's a gun by gun basis, this is just a general list that can apply to almost every weapon.

ok crusty i like you but why the ♥♥♥♥ is silenced in the mid category instead of the worst one, that talent is literally useless

also provident in mid tier too pepehands

• Disagree Disagree x 1

1 hour ago, Xenophilius said:

ok crusty i like you but why the ♥♥♥♥ is silenced in the mid category instead of the worst one, that talent is literally useless

also provident in mid tier too pepehands

Provident is pretty decent after its buff. In my case silenced was extremely helpful. 
I could run through entire servers without anyone knowing people are dying, kill someone right next to a crowd without immediately being hunted down and swarmed.
It made the game infinitely easier because people didn't here 500 gunshots and immediately swarm to check it out. You could play a lot more aggressive and be rewarded.

The reason why I put them mid tier is because they are not too situational and benefit the gun almost constantly. I'm still making adjustments on the list and adding details, but I'm pretty firm on silenced and provident (power and depression) being mid tier. They are lower than other mid tier talents, but not bad enough to be low tier.

A very good submission, one thing I would say is that I think it would be bit better if there was less variation in the colours. I appreciate the amount of effort you went through making this, with custom colour correction for each talents actual colour, but I feel like it can be a bit off-putting to see so many at once, at least for me.

🐧

• Agree Agree x 1

1 hour ago, Maple said:

A very good submission, one thing I would say is that I think it would be bit better if there was less variation in the colours. I appreciate the amount of effort you went through making this, with custom colour correction for each talents actual colour, but I feel like it can be a bit off-putting to see so many at once, at least for me.

🐧

Wouldn't be too hard to change back. The colors are there so it could spark peoples memories a bit better. Having the name matching the color (at least for me) makes it easier to remember.

If anyone else stumbles across this comment and would rather have the colors normal for the listed talents, react with disagree to this, or agree if you prefer the colors. (You can react to it as well maple, if you want).

EDIT: Looking back at the edit history, it does look better just normal. Changing it back now