Jump to content
  • 1
Machination

Found and fixed a bug that didn't let me join the server

Feedback Post

A while ago, whenever I tried to join any Moat servers, it always hanged on "Starting lua" with the animated Moat logo forever.

After some testing, I found out the problem is in the config files, specifically this file (steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg\client.vdf). When I deleted this file, I was able to join Moat servers again. But it also deleted client settings as that's where it's stored.

 

And a while later, a similar issue popped up, but a little different. It hanged whenever I tried to join non-EU Moat servers, EU servers worked fine.

This time, I went a little deeper, and I found the specific line in client.vdf that caused the issue.

    "moat_auto_deconstruct_special" "1"

Deleting this line or setting the value to 0 fixed the issue for me. Hope this can help @cole or whoever is working on the the backend.

  • Winner Winner x 2
  • Informative Informative x 1
  • Pog Pog x 1

Share this post


Link to post

Recommended Posts

No comments

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a new public comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Viewing Now   0 members

    Guest

×
×
  • Create New...