Dark Knight

Revert Current Jester Mechanics to TTC Jester

Feedback Post

Just a simple switch. Make the Jester who is in normal beta servers into how he functions in the TTC server.

For those who don't play TTC, if you kill Jester in that server the timer will start counting down rapidly, ramping up the Traitors/Serial Killers incentive to kill innocents. This effectively makes gameplay more exciting, as the killers will attempt to get their win with significantly reduced time.

On the other hand, the current Jester just ends the game, killing anyone's momentum and their fun. Out of the 20 rounds on a map, sometimes you may only get 3-5 Traitor rounds which come to an early end, upsetting Traitors and increasing peoples frustration. 

With the TTC Jester's mechanics, players would be less frustrated and enjoy the game more! I speak for everyone when I say they  don't like their Traitor rounds abruptly ending. I hope this idea gets some consideration.

Edited by Dark_Knight (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 9

There's another Jester mod, where the Jester trys to get innocents/traitors to kill them. If anyone does end up killing the jester they become the jester themselves and the jester becomes a traitor. 

• Disagree Disagree x 5

I like Jester, but those 2 second Jester rounds do be hitting different. 🤔

• Agree Agree x 1

Make Jester more rare, harder to win and with increased rewards and we’re in business 

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 1
  • Zing Zing x 1

1 hour ago, Sky said:

Make Jester more rare, harder to win and with increased rewards and we’re in business 

Harder to win? How? 

Throw TNT/Babynade in spawn. Watch as everyone just starts blasting.

♥♥♥♥ you just need to find the newest player and run straight up to them and shoot at them. 9 out of 10 they are dumb enough to kill you.

Still one of my favorites is to stand at a corner and shoot down an empty hall and watch some of the mid level players gun me down. I baited noone in an empty hall and still get killed off shooting at a wall.

Its stupid easy.

Really, there is no actual down side to killing a jester as an Innocent. 

• Agree Agree x 1

3 hours ago, -=Erissa=- Chicken Hawk moat.gg said:

Harder to win? How? 

Throw TNT/Babynade in spawn. Watch as everyone just starts blasting.

♥♥♥♥ you just need to find the newest player and run straight up to them and shoot at them. 9 out of 10 they are dumb enough to kill you.

Still one of my favorites is to stand at a corner and shoot down an empty hall and watch some of the mid level players gun me down. I baited noone in an empty hall and still get killed off shooting at a wall.

Its stupid easy.

Really, there is no actual down side to killing a jester as an Innocent. 

I never said that the Jester should keep the mechanic of winning when he dies lol, I only said to make it harder to win, it was a very broad statement, not specific. That being said my idea does involve the Jester dying to win, but with a twist. 

You could obviously revert the Jester to its TTC form which is preferable. Or maybe you can give the Jester certain criteria to follow in order to win, such as a random player being selected every round and the Jester has to get that person to kill them (it would change to another random person after a certain amount of time or if that person dies). You can also make it so only that specific person can kill the Jester and whenever the target changes to another person, it updates. 

This is one of the ideas I have to balance it out, it would be like the Hitman role except the opposite. 

Edited by Sky (see edit history)
  • Useful Useful x 1

4 hours ago, Sky said:

This is one of the ideas I have to balance it out, it would be like the Hitman role except the opposite. 

That sounds worse than where Jester is already at.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:18 AM, Dolber said:

I like Jester, but those 2 second Jester rounds do be hitting different. 🤔

Exactly! As a player who is very often in the TTC server, this doesn't ever happen, because the Jester there can be killed by Traitors and doesnt instantly end the match. By implementing the jesters TTC mechanics into the normal servers, players wouldn't get as upset anymore.

It may also help to have the player who kills the jester, die. This makes it so there is more consequence for innocents killing jesters as otherwise, they may be more careless with killing jesters as they may just want the round to be over for them to possibly get a T round.