SyntheticMax

Make it so you can apply paints/skins to models and they work.

Feedback Post

Hi,

I'd like to suggest fixing/adding paints/skins so that if they are applied on a model they would actually apply.

For instance, you have a base spiderman model. If you looked at the preview for the ultrabeam on the spiderman, it would look like the attached picture. In fact, applying the ultrabeam makes it look like that- but only in your inventory. The spiderman model would be the same (without the ultrabeam) in game.

So I'd like either a new set of skins/paints based mainly to paint models, or to fix the current paints/skins so that they show.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 5.12.22 PM.png

Edited by SyntheticMax (see edit history)
  • Pog Pog x 1

models are material based, and basically what you are doing is replacing materials on said model and overiding them to a material around "512px" or "256px" this includes but not limited to, eyes, mouth accessories, depending on what material file they are stored in for that model. so in conclusion you would have to manually add every single paint and skin to the model itself which does include over 40+ models instead of just applying it and overriding the texture, gmod is not designed to have custom skins for everything and mostly depends on open source being that there is a workshop and all, and not everyone caters to your needs.

• Winner Winner x 2

So some models are like this and they arent able to be skin. For example the zelda model only does her eyes. I dont think this is fixable without remeshing the models (I think). Thats why the setting to turn this on says be careful

How models are made, it's not always possible, some models have different texture files for each part of the body, like zelda with the eyes, cat woman's head ect. And the skins can only effect the base texture file on application of the skin/paint

Edited by Sparked (see edit history)

I skined my isaac model and it works in the menu and like 2 weeks ago everyone saw it but now in game their is no skin on my model but i still see the skin works in my inv

35 minutes ago, Sparked said:

How models are made, it's not always possible, some models have different texture files for each part of the body, like zelda with the eyes, cat woman's head ect. And the skins can only effect the base texture file on application of the skin/paint

Invest 30 hours of development time to implement a system letting us paint every individual section of a model

EZ

• Zing Zing x 1