Mr. Madman

New Staff

Feedback Post

Let me make this clear from the start.

I am 100% for promoting as many people that are willing and capable of being a staff member. More staff, more reports get done, more people that need to get banned get banned, etc. 

What I am not for is promoting people that can't multitask; can't keep their emotions to themselves; don't know when to show leniency and when not to; ignore people trying to help and generally don't use their brain.

I have clocked in maybe, 6~ hours in the past two weeks on TTT and these alarmingly obvious problems seem too commonplace in such little time for me not to ignore. I personally will not report a staff member that is incapable of doing their job because they simply can't do it. These people eventually get weeded out and in respect for them trying to their job, I don't bother. As cliche as it sounds, they get a medal for trying. What I honestly can't stand not to do anymore is ignore when staff members powertrip, excessively f***-up when it comes to simply announcing what is allowed and not or knowing basic rules (and when corrected, don't bother or get toxic) or more anecdotally, ignore players that get toxic, "crossfire", then say the reports expire when the map switches especially to a LVL20 squeaker.

I'm sure other players can immediately see who is cut out for the job, and who is not, as can I. The purpose of this post is not a "ominous, edgy warning" that I'm gonna start calling out this nonsense when I see it, but moreso a, "please-don't-enlist-random-people-that-try-to-ban-you-for-pushing-them-with-a-lightsaber-because-they-are-blocking-you-then-threaten-to-permaban-you-for-prdm-when-it's-not-even-the-right-punishment-and-are-overreacting-for-10-damage-on-their-inno-round-that-they-got-back-in-20-seconds-because-of-a-healing-talent"

It's honestly a mood-killer and makes the game feel like a job. If we as a community are trying to better ourselves, these people serve as a huge detriment to what we are trying to make on such a legacy game and gamemode.

• Agree Agree x 9

I appreciate that a lot of our new staff are still very green to how to properly conduct themselves and as you say, some will last a long time, while others will not. We do hold staff members accountable for their actions on the servers and in the discord and I have had to speak with a few about the way they interact with people when it is brought to my attention.

It's all about building a stronger staff team so that we can be more effective in covering as many servers as possible, which has been a big concern for the community for a while now and we are trying to give more people a chance to prove they can actually handle being a staff member.

One more thing I will say, is that their is a steep learning curve for new staff members, with a lot of information and learning of procedures and commands which can be quite daunting to some people, this will always take time to adapt to. I myself made a number of mistakes when I became staff for the first time, most people do, so I can understand wanting to help as much as possible, but maybe just being a bit out of your depth on full minecraft servers to begin with, for example.

• Winner Winner x 2
  • Informative Informative x 3

On 5/25/2020 at 1:04 AM, Wendy said:

This is why I feel that playtime and level should be a factor or should play a larger role in the hiring process. The learning curve. You can't expect someone at LVL40 to know the ins and outs of TTT. This is why some newly appointed T-Staff that are higher leveled and have more playtime tend to perform better as staff in my opinion (except in gunfights, Zedigy kek).

Playtime, I can understand as being a part of the requirements. Level should not. Level is not a good indicator of experience. Besides that, with all the bugs going around, I'd more likely say that's an argument against having level requirements. I've met other players who had more time than me, and only half the level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

18 minutes ago, Nosoktar said:

If the game feels like a job i don't know about you it would make me want to quit the game. I feel like they're a lot of people who were staff and said ❤❤❤❤ it after 3 months of doing it or simply  stopped playing. With that being said weeding out and finding staff who are dependable really hard :(.

I've taken several breaks from the server since my first grind to 100 (FIRST, I WAS FIRST, I WAS FIRST) mainly because of burnout and other games being released. What brings me back to TTT is the community, the memes and the fun that happens in game. With such a strict rule system, implementing staff members that can't enforce it when they need to and when not to (leniency) makes it feel like a job with bad supervisors. It's honestly night and day to what the server plays like when staff can get rid of people ruining the game on any given server to staff doing nothing productive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Funny Funny x 1

19 minutes ago, Maple said:

One more thing I will say, is that their is a steep learning curve for new staff members, with a lot of information and learning of procedures and commands which can be quite daunting to some people, this will always take time to adapt to. I myself made a number of mistakes when I became staff for the first time, most people do, so I can understand wanting to help as much as possible, but maybe just being a bit out of your depth on full minecraft servers to begin with, for example.

This is why I feel that playtime and level should be a factor or should play a larger role in the hiring process. The learning curve. You can't expect someone at LVL40 to know the ins and outs of TTT. This is why some newly appointed T-Staff that are higher leveled and have more playtime tend to perform better as staff in my opinion (except in gunfights, Zedigy kek).

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Funny Funny x 1
  • Pog Pog x 1

If the game feels like a job i don't know about you it would make me want to quit the game. I feel like they're a lot of people who were staff and said ❤❤❤❤ it after 3 months of doing it or simply  stopped playing. With that being said weeding out and finding staff who are dependable really hard :(.