KittenOfWar

Boss round

Feedback Post

So, as we all know the whole point of the boss round is for players to challenge a "SLOW" moving enemy with a lot of Hp and the ability to go invisible, Yet if players have Perfect marathon runner and 20 weight on a melee they completely throw the slow side of the event aside, 

I believe that the boss (Deathclaw) Should not benefit from Powerups (Marathon runner in particular) As having an extremely fast deathclaw is more than just over-kill, and also removes the utility the "cloak" is meant to have. 

Would be nice to know how others feel about this "IN TERMS OF GAME-PLAY" not your feelings, 

Edited by KittenOfWar (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 6
  • Disagree Disagree x 1

16 minutes ago, KittenOfWar said:

So, as we all know the whole point of the boss round is for players to challenge a "SLOW" moving enemy with a lot of Hp and the ability to go invisible, Yet if players have Perfect marathon runner and 20 weight on a melee they completely throw the slow side of the event aside, 

I believe that the boss (Deathclaw) Should not benefit from Powerups (Marathon runner in particular) As having an extremely fast deathclaw is more than just over-kill, and also removes the utility the "cloak" is meant to have. 

Would be nice to know how others feel about this "IN TERMS OF GAME-PLAY" not your feelings, 

Or, for that matter, have none of the power-ups actually work on the boss. I've seen a bunch of them run health bloom, and their health be boosted *that much more* because of how it works.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Disagree Disagree x 2
  • Winner Winner x 1

16 hours ago, Erion Invisus said:

Or, for that matter, have none of the power-ups actually work on the boss. I've seen a bunch of them run health bloom, and their health be boosted *that much more* because of how it works.

Health bloom is a flat amount, not a percentile and so it does not scale with boss. at least thats what i think as thats how healthbloom looks, truth be told i dont know, but thats how it looks. correct me if im wrong. (also imo them having a good flame ❤❤❤❤❤❤ant is much worse)

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Informative Informative x 1

8 minutes ago, Shaphier said:

Health bloom is a flat amount, not a percentile and so it does not scale with boss. at least thats what i think as thats how healthbloom looks, truth be told i dont know, but thats how it looks. correct me if im wrong. (also imo them having a good flame ❤❤❤❤❤❤ant is much worse)

I might be wrong, but I've noticed that bosses that have Health Bloom equipped gain a higher overall health, due to how health is given to the boss, based on the amount of players there are. I might be wrong, but, if you have health bloom, it multiplies your health based on what you have when the round starts. I might be wrong, though. But, the point still stands, powerups should be disabled for bosses.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

Just now, Erion Invisus said:

I might be wrong, but I've noticed that bosses that have Health Bloom equipped gain a higher overall health, due to how health is given to the boss, based on the amount of players there are. I might be wrong, but, if you have health bloom, it multiplies your health based on what you have when the round starts. I might be wrong, though. But, the point still stands, powerups should be disabled for bosses.

of course using a powerup that increases health, will ya know, make their health higher. and healthbloom in the power up just says it add a flat +10-25 (i think the lowest is 10 idk i dont use healthblooms) if it was the way you state then it would have the % there like legit every other power up. i doubt its a one time mistake thats been unnoticed for years. also i have to disagree on that powerups should be disabled, if anything people just need to get better. a group of people that are organized can destroy boss within the minute and make him obsolete. which true they could just try to run away, but on most maps running tends to be a death sentence as there as so many people chasing you, and going invis hurts you as well, and if people know what the F key does being invis doesnt do much other then most likely put you in a worse position. I dont think boss needs a nerf, I think people just need to get more competent.

Just now, Shaphier said:

of course using a powerup that increases health, will ya know, make their health higher. and healthbloom in the power up just says it add a flat +10-25 (i think the lowest is 10 idk i dont use healthblooms) if it was the way you state then it would have the % there like legit every other power up. i doubt its a one time mistake thats been unnoticed for years. also i have to disagree on that powerups should be disabled, if anything people just need to get better. a group of people that are organized can destroy boss within the minute and make him obsolete. which true they could just try to run away, but on most maps running tends to be a death sentence as there as so many people chasing you, and going invis hurts you as well, and if people know what the F key does being invis doesnt do much other then most likely put you in a worse position. I dont think boss needs a nerf, I think people just need to get more competent.

There's a difference between being competent, and being outright overpowered (Not in the sense of things being broken, but by sheer firepower that most people have as the boss.)

I'm not denying that some people need to get better at killing the boss, myself included, but some situations make the boss practically unkillable unless some un❤❤❤ly miracle occurs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

2 minutes ago, Erion Invisus said:

There's a difference between being competent, and being outright overpowered (Not in the sense of things being broken, but by sheer firepower that most people have as the boss.)

I'm not denying that some people need to get better at killing the boss, myself included, but some situations make the boss practically unkillable unless some un❤❤❤ly miracle occurs.

i still have to disagree, and even in the one instance i can think of, thats because of gun talents like zombie and leech not because of powerups. The boss running away doesnt make him unkillable quite the opposite really. If the boss was as outright overpowered as you say then surely the boss would almost never loss unless they just didnt know what they were doing or had horrid guns, but truth be told many people who have played the game for a long time, and had great weapons still die as boss as long as the players fighting know what they are doing (not rushing him like idiots and instead holding down a room or two) and that they also have good guns. Heck some peoples guns can outheal boss damage, for instance having a nice Medicality and Leech on huge lovers often makes a bosses damage null as long as he isnt focusing you.

• Agree Agree x 1

1 minute ago, Shaphier said:

i still have to disagree, and even in the one instance i can think of, thats because of gun talents like zombie and leech not because of powerups. The boss running away doesnt make him unkillable quite the opposite really. If the boss was as outright overpowered as you say then surely the boss would almost never loss unless they just didnt know what they were doing or had horrid guns, but truth be told many people who have played the game for a long time, and had great weapons still die as boss as long as the players fighting know what they are doing (not rushing him like idiots and instead holding down a room or two) and that they also have good guns. Heck some peoples guns can outheal boss damage, for instance having a nice Medicality and Leech on huge lovers often makes a bosses damage null as long as he isnt focusing you.

Nono, I'm not disagreeing with you on the running away part. I agree, running away as the boss is an awful idea, I'm not saying that. Yes, talents on guns are a strong play in terms of if a boss wins or not, and I'm also not disagreeing with that. Things like Flame Dampener (Which is what I'm calling it, because stupid censor) can practically make the explosive damage against the boss negligible. I haven't tested Silent yet. Marathon Runner is very strong as a boss powerup, as it allows you to rush the boss harder and faster than they might expect. My absolute preference would be to disable bunny hopping as the boss, if anything were to be changed.

2 minutes ago, Erion Invisus said:

Nono, I'm not disagreeing with you on the running away part. I agree, running away as the boss is an awful idea, I'm not saying that. Yes, talents on guns are a strong play in terms of if a boss wins or not, and I'm also not disagreeing with that. Things like Flame Dampener (Which is what I'm calling it, because stupid censor) can practically make the explosive damage against the boss negligible. I haven't tested Silent yet. Marathon Runner is very strong as a boss powerup, as it allows you to rush the boss harder and faster than they might expect. My absolute preference would be to disable bunny hopping as the boss, if anything were to be changed.

Id still have to disagree, only because Bhopping got neutered along with crouch jumping and Frog hopper. Sure i could say maybe in the past having a boss bhop away did suck, but it still but them at a disadvantage. also Silent would be useless no reason to test it, its a useless power up that was added because im sure it took no time to code in, which isnt a complaint mind you, im always down for new stuff, but its just flavor.