Genji v2

Level Milestones/Revamp

Feedback Post

Level Milestones/Revamp

In its current state level rewards don't really feel all that rewarding. Early on, it's fine considering how easy it is to do so. Once you're at a certain point needing a ton of xp for one level the reward you get isn't all that worth it. (each level giving a crate and at level 100, the tesla effect, that imo isn't worht it. A proposal for a different level 100 reward will be made in this post later on) I mean sure, levels are used mainly as a flex and to show how much you've generally played the game. On the other hand getting a single crate isn't all I think you should get. Adding something along the lines of level milestones would give people something to work for. I've seen it time and time again, people stop playing for a bit because they feel they have nothing to work for.

In this post you'll see my suggestion for a more engaging leveling system that rewards players for the time and work they put in.

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE COMMENTING/RATING PLEASE :)

-Everyone Reset to lvl 1-

It's exactly what it sounds like, everyone is stripped of their precious levels (still keeping any tesla effect they obtained)

-The amount of XP for one level is increased substantially-

Right now the level number x1000 is the amount of XP you need to level up. 10x1000=10,000xp to level up to 11.

My idea is to raise the amount it's multiplied by 2x. So for level 1 to 2 it's 2,000 and for level 10 it's 20,000. The whole point of this comes later.

XP is primarily obtained through rightful kills I don't think the amount you get per kill should be buffed by any means, in fact the XP you get from bounties should be nerfed slightly if this is implemented.

Rewards are buffed substantially

Whether there is a base reward through out all of these is up to moat. That or using this guideline.

Levels 2-20 Would give 4 random crates excluding Effect Crates and a random amount of ic ranging from 500-1,000

Levels 21-30 Would give 5 random crates excluding Effect Crates and a low chance for a high-end drop (10%)

Levels 31-50 Would give 5 random crates excluding Effect Crates and a moderate chance for a high-end drop (15%)

Levels 51-75 Would give 6 random crates excluding Effect Crates and a decent chance for a high-end drop (20%)

at this point leveling up get's harder and harder, some of you might feel this is balanced, others not so much. You have to think 100k XP is a pretty substantial amount. People are getting rewarded a lot more for putting time into the servers.

Levels 76-100 Would give 7 random crates excluding Effect Crates and a good chance for a high-end drop (25%)

There's still more!

Levels 101+ Would give 8 random crates excluding Effect Crates and a good chance for a  high-end drop (25%) and a random amount of ic ranging from 2,500-5,000 (at this point over 200k XP is needed for a single level up.

Leveling Milestones

These are milestones that give rewards once a certain level is achieved. (Only once, Prestige levels might become a thing at some point if this is implemented.)

Level 10 - 1 high-end item and 2,000 ic

Level 20 - 1 high-end item and 4,000 ic

Level 30 - 2 high-end items and 6,000 ic

Level 40 - 2 high-end items and 8,000 ic

Level 50 - 2 high-end items and 10,000 ic

Level 60 - 1 ascended item from a set group of cosmetics and items

Level 70 - 1 ascended item from a set group of cosmetics and items

Level 80 - 1 ascended item from a set group of cosmetics and items

Level 90 - 1 cosmic item from a set group of cosmetics and items

Level 100 - 1 cosmic item from a set group of cosmetics and items and an extinct planetary effect. Yup! Your body will now glow like you're a planetary gun....

Level 1000 (for the memes) - 1 Planetary gun that kills everyone on the server usable once a day

Suggested before, that once you're done with dailies the game feels like you're just running around with nothing to do. To fix that... A mission tab. Basically a mission that can be completed an endless amount of times and poses some difficulty to keep the player engaged. Something along the lines of killing with a certain type of weapon while crouched x amount of times. Play x amount of rounds. Play x amount of detective/innocent rounds with at least one traitor kill ( could be split into two different ones.) They would never expire and you wouldn't get a new one until the current one is completed. They could also maybe have a rarity as well. What they give is honestly up to moat, but if I had any say it'd probably give a chance for a high-end depending on the rarity and some amount of xp and/or ic. Considering they can be completed constantly it's best they don't give too much. 

Like I said before some people don't feel engaged enough, but with YOUR help we can change MG to be a more fun and engaging place to be. The whole point of video games is a past time, and quite simply put right now it feels more like a slow grind. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

If anyone needs clarification on anything feel free to quote what you don't understand. I encourage everyone to submit their thoughts, and suggest what they would do if they had full control over moat and it's leveling system.

Edited by Genji v2
owo (see edit history)
  • Disagree Disagree x 5

So sweating even harder gets you a bunch of free ascended and cosmics? No thanks.

As for the mission suggestion, the main problem I see with that is they would be either too similar to dailies or contracts to make them unique enough to be worth adding into the game. The rewards would also pretty much be the exact same as dailies (or maybe even worse) to make them balanced. 

Also you never said why levels should take twice as long to reach... 

• Agree Agree x 4

Ok so let me go over everything in this post.

1. double xp requirements for player levels.
     NO. If it werent for the fact that quad xp was permanent for 4 months most of us wouldnt even be at level 100 right now. If you double it then it will take way to long for people to level. We could get to level 144 with the same amount of exp in the current system. but without the permanent quad exp it takes an average player at least a year and a half of playing regularly to reach that point. I know because I played semi regularly for 2 years and got to 106 before the wipe. 

18 hours ago, Genji v2 said:

Rewards are buffed substantially

Whether there is a base reward through out all of these is up to moat. That or using this guideline.

Levels 101+ Would give 8 random crates excluding Effect Crates and a good chance for a  high-end drop (25%) and a random amount of ic ranging from 2,500-5,000 (at this point over 200k XP is needed for a single level up.

this stuff.

This doesn't need to be fancy. Give players 1 crate for every player level and 10 for every 10. Doesnt matter what kind of crate, thats 190 crates total. Thats not going to give a lot of overpowered stuff to most players.

18 hours ago, Genji v2 said:

Leveling Milestones
These are milestones that give rewards once a certain level is achieved. (Only once, Prestige levels might become a thing at some point if this is implemented.)
Level 10 - 1 high-end item and 2,000 ic
Level 20 - 1 high-end item and 4,000 ic
Level 30 - 2 high-end items and 6,000 ic
Level 40 - 2 high-end items and 8,000 ic
Level 50 - 2 high-end items and 10,000 ic
Level 60 - 1 ascended item from a set group of cosmetics and items
Level 70 - 1 ascended item from a set group of cosmetics and items
Level 80 - 1 ascended item from a set group of cosmetics and items
Level 90 - 1 cosmic item from a set group of cosmetics and items
Level 100 - 1 cosmic item from a set group of cosmetics and items and an extinct planetary effect. Yup! Your body will now glow like you're a planetary gun....
Level 1000 (for the memes) - 1 Planetary gun that kills everyone on the server usable once a day

I have a few things to address here. 

• 10-50 giving high ends. no cause we would give them 10 random crates of any kind as shown in number 2.
  • 60-80 giving ascendeds, same as above also no cause dont give people overpowered/expensive ❤❤❤❤ for free
  • 90-100 giving cosimics, same as above.
  • 100 giving a planetary effect, Do we not have infinity paint/tint and can we not put them on models. If not just fix that. dont add a new item for no reason.
  • Level 1000 giving a COD tactical Nuke once a day. ... ... ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For one thats stupid and for 2 its basically impossible to do. Even without taking into account your doubled exp requirements to level up getting to level 1000 requires 500,500,000 exp. Lets assume that you can complete all white and purple dailies and 1 green daily a day as an average player and can get 200 rightful kills a day, that is 40,000 exp a day, that is 12,512.5 days. Thats 34 years to get to level 1000 if you play everyday. even with permanent quad exp active thats still 8.5 years to get there. It will not happen. 

4. missions. those all sound like either slight variations of dailies we used to have or copies of the even objectives, which as some players have proven, dont really pose any difficulty in completeing. 

Basically almost everything here is a no

Edited by Death [moat.gg] (see edit history)
  • Agree Agree x 1

3 minutes ago, Genji v2 said:

Because the reward is increased by a huge amount compared to it's current state? did you read this?

yeah that's precisely the problem, we did read it. the economy is already ❤❤❤❤ed enough, and i've worked hard to get my level to what it is. being a staff member has drastically slowed that process. in a month and a half i got to level 71, in the 2 months since i've been staff im up to level 88. this is a really awful idea.

TL;DR Yeah, no. You're trying to bridge the gap between casual players and players who actually grinded for their items. You can get at least 50k from the dailies and level up once or twice. You can save the ic you get from the dailies to buy good ascendeds or cosmics. I know it's possible because that's what I used to do.

• Agree Agree x 1

This is something I kinda agree on, but I think the specifics are not well thought out. Granting players ascended and cosmic items EVERY 10 levels for certain portions of progression is a bit too much.

I really like the idea of making the leveling system actually matter. One thing I'm seeing from the reactions to this is that this progression system will make it possible for players to get a lot of good items in a fast manner, saying that new players would be able to get overpowered items very quickly.

How I think the leveling system should work is that each level you go up will award the amount of crates equal to the players level divided by a number, or to grant 1 crate for every 1000 xp. I don't think already unboxed weapons should be dropped through the leveling system, and I'd rather have that progression be accessible through an event.

From what I can tell, this seems like a problem with dropping rare items. I really want it to be easier to get rare items.  However, I think that there better ways this can be handled. My suggestion is to have events to be year-round (there will always be event stuff to buy in the shop), and to make all event crates drop the tier-up weapons seen in the Valentine and Cinco de Mayo crates.

Moat's progression systems have always been flawed from the start. While there have been attempts at improving this progression, there have been adverse consequences of such (summer climb). I think that progression is fine right now, with the summer event going on, but it could be better.

Ive played this game for so long, im level 160 and was level 180 pre thanos, there are level 50s with stronger guns than me. Its a luck based game. Adding in so much luck based drops to combat gun disparity is redundant.

Maybe instead (and i know this has been suggested) add prestige. Get to level 100 you get reset to I-1, get to I-100 then you get reset to II-1. Then give rewards for each prestige, nothing fancy like guns but just stuff that makes people feel like playing the game means stuff. Prestige exclusive items or effects. Cosmetics, prestige collection skins. You can make this system not toxic so easily. People dont just want free guns, they want validation for their playtime.

• Agree Agree x 1

15 hours ago, paisano said:

This is something I kinda agree on, but I think the specifics are not well thought out. Granting players ascended and cosmic items EVERY 10 levels for certain portions of progression is a bit too much.

I really like the idea of making the leveling system actually matter. One thing I'm seeing from the reactions to this is that this progression system will make it possible for players to get a lot of good items in a fast manner, saying that new players would be able to get overpowered items very quickly.

How I think the leveling system should work is that each level you go up will award the amount of crates equal to the players level divided by a number, or to grant 1 crate for every 1000 xp. I don't think already unboxed weapons should be dropped through the leveling system, and I'd rather have that progression be accessible through an event.

From what I can tell, this seems like a problem with dropping rare items. I really want it to be easier to get rare items.  However, I think that there better ways this can be handled. My suggestion is to have events to be year-round (there will always be event stuff to buy in the shop), and to make all event crates drop the tier-up weapons seen in the Valentine and Cinco de Mayo crates.

Moat's progression systems have always been flawed from the start. While there have been attempts at improving this progression, there have been adverse consequences of such (summer climb). I think that progression is fine right now, with the summer event going on, but it could be better.

I mean level 50-60 is a lot of XP, well over 1 million to get an ascended. If people did the math and thought about the idea as a whole (all the values and rewards are what I think it should be btw) instead of the effect it would have on the economy then I feel the idea would be taken a lot more seriously instead of me getting clowned on. I challenge those who are constantly contesting ideas that would make the game much more enjoyable to come up with a better idea. I won't hold my breath...

2 hours ago, stormtopertiki said:

ahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... no

be more open minded please?

16 hours ago, SirInsanity said:

TL;DR Yeah, no. You're trying to bridge the gap between casual players and players who actually grinded for their items. You can get at least 50k from the dailies and level up once or twice. You can save the ic you get from the dailies to buy good ascendeds or cosmics. I know it's possible because that's what I used to do.

Game is RNG based, the only thing people "grind" for is the summer event. This is something to reward players that play the game passively instead of sweating. So with your argument, ❤❤❤❤ casuals? lol

On 6/29/2020 at 11:46 AM, Genji v2 said:

I mean level 50-60 is a lot of XP, well over 1 million to get an ascended. If people did the math and thought about the idea as a whole (all the values and rewards are what I think it should be btw) instead of the effect it would have on the economy then I feel the idea would be taken a lot more seriously instead of me getting clowned on. I challenge those who are constantly contesting ideas that would make the game much more enjoyable to come up with a better idea. I won't hold my breath...

be more open minded please?

Game is RNG based, the only thing people "grind" for is the summer event. This is something to reward players that play the game passively instead of sweating. So with your argument, ❤❤❤❤ casuals? lol

ahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... no

7 minutes ago, s8nPlz said:

Also you never said why levels should take twice as long to reach... 

Because the reward is increased by a huge amount compared to it's current state? did you read this?

23 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

Whatever happened to just playing the ❤❤❤❤ game.

well you see the problem with MG right now is player retention, new and old. New people get clapped by veterans with insane weapons and don't give the new players a chance to get their feet on the ground. This gives new players a reason to stay, more guns = more of a chance to compete and be on an even playing field. As for the old players the only thing they seem to do is grow their weapon collection further. Although it fundamentally complements this behavior it gives them something to work for outside of the summer climb event and provides the ultimate flex.